Modesto, Calif., Irrigation District Readies $146 million COP Sale
- UA selling shares in Student Union to fund rebuilding. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;07/19/99, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the offering of certificates of participation for the ownership of the University of Arizona Memorial Student Union and bookstore. Certificate sold at face vale with purchaser receiving semi-annual interests; Lead firms in the offering; Brokerage houses among selling groups.
- Arizona COPs Mark a First For Agency. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31545, p1
Reports on the issuance of certificates of participation (COP) worth 370 million dollars by the Arizona School Facilities Board on January 06, 2003. Lead underwriter and co-managers for the sale; Prospects of the bonds in the market; Insurer of the COP; Ratings of the bonds.
- California COPs Lead Light Slate Ahead of September Surge. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30963, p7
Reports on the plan of California to sell competitive general obligation bonds. Pricing of the certificates of participation deal of the Central California Joint Powers Health Financing Authority; Downgrades in the healthcare sector.
- Denver RTD opts for competitive COPs over negotiated offering. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p3
Reports on the decision of the board of Denver's Regional Transportation District to sell 90 million dollars of certificates of participation competitively. Structure of the bond sale; Underwriter for the bonds.
- Fulton County COPs get final approval. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p3
Reports on the approval of Fulton County, Georgia's certificates of participation deal. Filing of a lawsuit questioning the validity of the deal; Structure of the securities.
- Critics of a Texas County COP Sale Look to Mount a Challenge. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p3
Reports that opponents of Williamson County, Texas' sale of certificates of participation (COP) are planning to challenge the validity of the bond issue with the Texas General's office. Consideration of mounting recall drives against members of the County Commissioners Court, the governing body...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Floyd, Daniel F.; Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p37
Reports development related to bonds and bond markets in the Northeastern States as of September 2000. Issuance of joint origination/investment notes in Delaware; Approval of a bill for minting commemorative 25-cent coins; Plans of the New Jersey Transit Corp. to prepare for the certificates of...
- COPs, bonds will fund Broward County, Fla., school district improvements. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p3
Reports on the Broward County, Florida School District's approval of a five-year building plan that includes certificates of participation and state-issued debt. Plan to sell COPs and bonds in various allotments by the district and the state; Schedule of issuance.
- Virginia County to refund COPs despite lawsuit. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30525, p4
Reports that the Loudoun County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors voted on November 18, 1998, on whether they will continue with the refunding of $30 million in certificates of participation (COP). Net present value savings of up to two million dollars expected as a result of the refinancing;...