Pennsylvania School District Appeals IRS Ruling That '96 Issue Is Taxable
- Give Riverpoint-Gonzaga area focus as a 'U District'. West, James // Journal of Business (10756124);7/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 16, pA4
Proposes the creation of a University District in downtown Spokane, Washington. History of the creation of the Davenport Arts District; List of other unique districts in the city; Emergence of the Riverpoint Higher Education Park.
- Beginning the Journey Toward Baldrige. Johnson, Shellie; Sommer, Paula // Journal for Quality & Participation;Oct2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p13
The article offers information on the implementation of the Baldrige National Quality Program at Keller Independent School District (KISD) in Keller, Texas. It provides information on KISD's coverage, priorities, and philosophies. The process of getting started is described that includes the...
- ARIZONA. // Property Tax Alert;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the criteria that should be met so that the governing board of a common school district, a high school district or a unified school district in Arizona will not fix, levy or assess a primary property tax rate higher than the current year's rate, as determined by the...
- AMERICAN BRIEFS. // Breckenridge American;11/19/2008, p1
This section offers news briefs in Breckenridge, Texas. Nominations for the Gifted and Talented Program will be accepted by the Breckenridge Independent School District, and the deadline will be on November 24, 2008. A raffle will be sponsored by the Breckenridge Chamber of Commerce on December...
- CHALLENGING TIMES. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p45
Presents the findings of a study on the maintenance and operations (M&O) of U.S. school districts between 2004 and 2005. Expenditures of a median school district on M&O; Expenses of a median school district for utilities; Increase in national median salaries.
- Georgia School System Working to Settle Tax Dispute with IRS. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
The Cherokee County School System is negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service to settle a tax dispute, after an IRS agent contended in an audit of 2007 bonds that there was an arbitrage problem.
- IRS Declares West Covina, Calif., USD Refunding Taxable; Cites Yield Burning. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p5
The article reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) preliminary decision that a series of refunding bonds issued by West Covina Unified School District in California is taxable. According to the article, the IRS investigation has discovered evidence of yield burning. It adds that...
- IRS Finds $61M of Calif.'s Vallejo City USD's Debt Taxable. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32792, p5
The article reports on the move of Vallejo City Unified School District to disclose that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) $61.06 million of Series A 2002 general obligation refunding bonds are arbitrage bonds in the U.S. The district sent material event notice to recognized repositories...
- Utah Cooperative Suffers Setback In Ongoing Bond Dispute with IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p1
Reports on the bond dispute between the Utah School District Finance Cooperative and the United States Internal Revenue Service. Taxation of a 1998 bond issue; Structure of the bonds.