Massachusetts Charter School Using Bond Proceeds to Purchase Building
- Asian Imports. Hartigan, Patti // Teacher Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on the Academy of the Pacific Rim, a charter school in Boston, Massachusetts. Emphasis on good behavior and character development; Use of rewards and punishments imposed on students; Views of students on the rigid rules; Adoption of Asian school systems by the charter school.
- Massachusetts Mapping Out Special Assessment Bond Legislation. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32700, p4
The article reports that officials are working in two bills that affect future special assessment bond financing in the Commonwealth in Massachusetts. Special assessment bond legislation called 40T was mapped out by lawmakers. 40T permits local governments and the Massachusetts Development...
- MassDevelopment Selling $125M in Two Housing Deals. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency to sell $125 million of new-money debt on behalf of Clarendon Street Associates and AvalonBay Communities in the U.S. It is intended to help finance 665 new housing units in and around Boston, Massachusetts. The sale...
- MassDevelopment Readies $20M Deal for PBS Giant. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p48
Reports on the plan of Massachusetts Development Finance Agency to sell variable-rate debt for WGBH Educational Foundation. Use of the bond proceeds to finance the renovation and construction of the foundation's buildings; Issuance of the bonds in weekly mode; Authority of the foundation to...
- S&P Cuts Closing Massachusetts College. // Bond Buyer;05/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30900, p2
Reports on the lowering of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency.
- Four officers from IDF meet with local non-Jewish students. Thal, Ian // Jewish Advocate;4/19/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 16, p3
The article focuses on a meeting between 10 students of Boston, Massachusetts-based Academy of the Pacific Rim and members of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). The meeting was part of a project undertaken by the school where students take classes outside the classroom. Most of the students stated...
- S & P Revises Outlook on Mass. DFA/NECC. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31805, p2
Reports on the outlook of Standard & Poor Corp. in the revenue bond issuance of the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency. Issuance of the bond for the New England Center for Children; Rating of the bond.
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Sit on Special Assessment Bill. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/6/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32768, p4
The article reports developments on the special assessment bond financing bill in Massachusetts. The Joint Committee on Bonding, Capital Expenditures, and State Assets has been working on it since June 25, 2007, and could conduct a public meeting on the bill in January or February 2008. The...
- Massachusetts Pushes $7B; Special Assessments Shelved. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32870, p6
The article reports on the decision of Massachusetts lawmakers to study further the bond bills, called 40T, that would allow the Massachusetts Development Finance Agency and local governments to issue special assessment debt. 40T, which totaled to $7 billion, was shelved because of the...