RACE AND THE GENETICS OF INTELLIGENCE: A REPLY TO LEWONTIN
- Nature vs. Nurture. // Education Digest;Sep1969, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p59
The article reports on a new storm of controversy over an old topic that has been aroused by University of California psychologist Arthur Jensen. Jensen's contention that intelligence is determined largely by heredity has evoked a flood of published rebuttals as well as innumerable...
- Objectivity and Ideology In Educational Research. Selden, Steven // Phi Delta Kappan;Dec84, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p281
Reacts to the article by Arthur R. Jensen 'Political Ideologies and Educational Research,' published in the March 1984 issue of 'Phi Delta Kappan.' Case for viewing objectivity and ideology as complementary rather than contradictory aspects of educational research; Myth that science itself is...
- Jensen and Flynn. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/3/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p23
The author focuses on Professor Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, author of "Are We Getting Smarter," and Professor James R. Flynn, both leading advocates of opposite conclusions on the subject of the role of genes in intelligence quotient (IQ) scores.
- Race, IQ, Equality? // National Review;10/12/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p1279
The article addresses the issue of alleged racial bias in intelligence quotient (IQ) tests in the United States. University of California Professor Arthur Jensen conducted a study that refutes the claim that IQ tests are biased in favor of whites. According to the study, African Americans do...
- What is intelligence? Sowel, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/8/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p31
The author reflects on the role of the environment and heredity in human intelligence in the United States. He discusses two studies on human intelligence by Professor James R. Flynn and Professor Arthur Jensen. Flynn reveals that the number of correct answers in Intelligence Quotient (IQ) has...
- Testing the science of intelligence. Cowley, Geoffrey // Newsweek;10/24/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p56
Discusses the testing of intelligence and comments on the book `The Bell Curve,' by Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray. Assertion that the science behind the book is overwhelmingly mainstream; The checkered past of mental testing; Genetic factors and IQ; Sample IQ test questions; The views of...
- HOW RACISTS USE 'SCIENCE' TO DEGRADE BLACK PEOPLE. ROWAN, CARL T. // Ebony;May1970, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p31
The article discusses the racial difference and inferiority of the blacks in intelligence. Arthur R. Jensen, a professor at the University of California in Berkeley, California has put forward a thesis according to which black people are innately inferior to whites in terms of intelligence. It...
- The g Factor: The Science of Mental Ability. Lamb, Kevin // Society;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p93
The article reviews the book "The g Factor: The Science of Mental Ability," by Arthur R. Jensen.
- Educability and Group Differences. // Education Digest;Oct1973, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p70
Reviews the book "Educability and Group Differences," by Arthur R. Jensen.