In the Boiler Industry, There Is No Substitute for Safety
- ABMA: Here to Help Keep Your 'Powder' Dry in the Years Ahead. Rawson, Randy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2007, Vol. 79 Issue 6, pBSE5
The article presents an economic outlook for 2008, as discussed at the Annual Meeting of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association (ABMA). The author notes that almost every boiler segment that ABMA serves is looking at positive inquiry levels for future business. He cites that energy and...
- ABMA: Here to Help Keep Your 'Powder' Dry in the Years Ahead. Rawson, Randy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2007 Supplement, Vol. 79, pBSE5
The article assures members of the American Boilers' Manufacturers Association (ABMA) that the society, which is an association of experts on technology and market conditions are there to help in times of economic and business hardships. Although many business opportunities are available at...
- Oil Heat Cares keeps the heat on. Faloon, Kelly // Plumbing & Mechanical;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p52
The article informs that Chapter members of the National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers each year teach local families to repair or replace their old boilers. It has been stated that most Oil Heat Cares projects start with a service call where techs find heating systems too old or...
- Bringing the best technologies together. Baltus, Jan // International Power Generation;May99 Supplement, Vol. 22, p25
Focuses on the boiler production of Asea Brown Boveri Energy Systems in Brno, Czech Republic. Products offered by the company; Development of the waste heat boiler technology; Features of fluidized-bed boilers; Combustion difficulties encountered during the commissioning period.
- About these boiler ratings. Holohan, Dan // Supply House Times;Jul2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p69
Explains the types of ratings used by boiler manufacturers. Ratings format; Differences between input, gross output and net output ratings; Pickup factors of boilers.
- ABMA and the boiler industry--since 1888. // Power Engineering;Feb96, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the history of the boiler industry in the United States and the American Boiler Manufacturers Association. Boiler explosions; Goals of the organization. INSET: The boiler industry yesterday and today..
- Taco Expands its Electronic Controls Product Line With The Introductions Of Low Water Cutoff Controls. // Supply House Times;Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p42
Reports that Taco has introduced the Low Water Cutoff control for use with hot water and steam boilers. Key features and specifications; Availability information; Key industrial applications.
- Steam velocity kills a heating system. Linhardt, Patrick // Contractor Magazine;May2006, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p56
Relates an experience in installing a boiler to a building. Facts about the steam system installed in the building in the 1900s; Information on the repair needed by the boiler; Problems existed after the boiler's installation.
- Publication of the Month From the ABMA. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p10
Reports on the selection of a handbook of power utility and boiler terms and phrases as publication of the month by the American Boiler Manufacturers Association in the U.S. in June 2004.