SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY
- Red Hat Jumps Into the Ring. Siebert, T.W. // Adweek Western Edition;08/16/99, Vol. 49 Issue 33, p30
Reports that Red Hat, a developer of Linux-based operating system software and services, is gearing up for a review of its account. Approximate value of the account; Role of Tom Butta, chief marketing director; Benefits of the initial public offering to the company.
- Red Hat: Hat In The IPO Ring. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p10
Looks at the plans of Red Hat, a distributor of the Linux open source operating system, and Garden.com, an online retailer, for initial public offerings. Financial profile of Red Hat and Garden.com as of March 1999; Importance of Red Hat's success for other Linux players.
- Linux takes the operating system scene by storm. Scannell, Ed // InfoWorld;01/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p60
Reports that 1999 was a breakthrough year for the Linux operating system. Linux-based companies with successful initial public offerings in 1999; Linux-based companies going public in 2000; Red Hat's major releases of its operating system in 1999.
- IPO Watchers: Summer Slump? Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p10
Provides information on the initial public offerings (IPO) of several Internet companies in August 1999. Success of the offering of RedHat Software company and Internet Capital Group; Reasons for the slump of Internet stocks; IPO performance of other companies.
- More Linux Plays On Deck. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;12/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 51, p63
Reports on the plans of several Linux-related companies to make initial public offerings (IPO) with the success of VA Linux Systems' public debut on December 9, 1999. Market capitalization achieved by VA Linux; List of the companies planning to go public; Details of the IPO of Sycamore Networks...
- Fundamental things apply as time goes by. // Business North Carolina;Feb2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p61
Focuses on the performance of the high-technology industry in North Carolina in the year 2000. Cancellation of the initial public offering plans of several companies; Drop in stocks of SciQuest.com and Red Hat Inc.; Details on the acquisition activities in the industry; Expansion of Corning Inc.
- IPOs bringing new threats to open Linux. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;08/09/99, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p1
Reports the first initial public offerings (IPO) being offered by Linux vendors. Speculation that the move toward IPO from Red Hat Inc. will be followed by VA Linux Systems Inc. and other vendors; The status of Linux to remain open despite developers not being required to give away application...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;12/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 241, p4
This section offers news briefs on financing deals in the biopharmaceutical industry. Acadia Pharmaceuticals is targeting an 86.4 million dollars in funds via a private placement equity financing deal. A public offering of 3.5 million shares has been closed by Derma Sciences Inc. A securities...
- Wall Street Doesn't Get the Cult of Linux. Borden, Mark // Fortune;7/24/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on the VA Linux and Red Hat. In 1999, the two companies debuted on Wall Street. Both stocks went public at the peak of fin-de-siÃ¨cle technology boom. On its first trading day, VA Linux climbed 698 percent, making it the most successful initial public offering (IPO). While...