Nowhere to Hide
- CDS Portfolio Trades Get Their Solution. Menon, Rekha // Securities Industry News;6/11/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on the launch of the Q-Wixx electronic trading platform developed by Creditex Group for large credit derivative portfolios in London, England in June 2007. Credit derivatives dealers that joined Q-Wixx include BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. Based on...
- Will derivatives processing ever be truly automated? Taylor, Mark // Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds;May2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on the possibility of a fully automated derivatives processing. He assesses the possible consequences of automation and the drive towards greater straight through processing (STP) for confirmation and settlement of certain derivative instruments. He also discusses the factors...
- Central Clearinghouse Planned To Reduce Counterparty Risk In Credit Default Swaps Market. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p70
The article reports on the growth of credit default swaps (CDSs), the most widely traded credit derivatives in the market. A CDS is an agreement between two counterparties in which the buyer makes periodic payments to the seller in return for a promised payoff if a third party defaults. To date,...
- 30 years of Futures... // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p18
Recalls articles published in the October 1989 issue of "Futures" in the United States. Growth of electronic trading; Rules for trading; Criteria for evaluating the performance of futures fund.
- Young Credit Derivatives Market Evolves. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p2
Focuses on the economic performance of credit derivatives market in the U.S. Financial performance of the industry; Expansion of market's gross sold outstanding; Increase in the cash collateralized debt.
- Chaos in Credit Derivatives. Boughey, Simon // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/18/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on the chaos in credit derivatives trading as a downturn looms. Decision of leading market players to abandon industry practice; Changes in the way derivatives are priced; Impact of the restructuring of more than $3 billion in the debt by consumer finance firm Conseco Inc.; Rules of the...
- Tullett Picks T-Zero for Post-trade Processing. // Securities Industry News;3/31/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the selection of the trade affirmation platform for straight-through processing (STP) of credit derivatives from T-Zero by London, England-based interdealer brokerage Tullett Prebon. The interdealer brokers followed by Tullett in adopting the T-Zero platform include...
- Trading system analysis: Then and now. RUGGIERO JR., MURRAY A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2013, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses the evolution of the trading system technology. It outlines the development of the Excalibur testing software from Futures Truth Co. which was started in 1985 on a CROMEMCO 3 computer using FORTRAN IV. It notes that the Excalibur was the only retail-oriented commercial...
- Traiana Adds Pre- and Post-Trade Functionality for Buy-Side Using SEFs. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2014, p141
Traiana, a pre-trade risk and post-trade processing solutions provider, has launched an enhanced version of its CreditLink software, which adds new functionality for buy-side market participants trading on swap execution facilities (SEFs).