Fine Spring Morning
- THINK INSIDE THE BOX. Nickens, T. Edward // Field & Stream;Apr2015, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p32
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of hunting for turkeys and using box call paddle, test running, and using shotguns. INSET: DRY A WET HEN.
- WAKE-BIRDING. Bourjaily, Phil // Field & Stream;Apr2015, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p34
The article presents a game plan for launching dawn patrol for hunting giant gobblers and showcases different hunting fears for use in hunting waterbound turkeys.
- Pots of Gold. Johnson, M. D. // Field & Stream;Apr2014, Vol. 118 Issue 11, pT7
The article offers information on the different types of game calls used by turkey hunters in the U.S.
- Springtime Splendor: Always A Welcome Challenge. Haas, Fox // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Spring2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the challenges of turkey hunting. Importance of turkey calling; Factors to consider in teaching hunting skills to youngsters.
- The Bronze Bombshell On Common Ground. McDaniels, Rusty // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Spring2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p12
Relates an experience on turkey hunting in Mississippi. Challenges encountered in turkey calling; Description of the captured turkey.
- Quest Out West. Haugen, Scott // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Spring2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p66
Relates an experience on Merriam's turkey hunting in Idaho. Approach used for turkey calling; Description of the captured Merriam's turkey.
- sit Tight for TOUGH toms. McNally, Bob // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Spring2005, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p80
Relates an experience on turkey hunting in Iowa, Kentucky and Florida. Challenges encountered in hunting; Importance of patience in calling to hunting success; Hunting equipment used.
- TURKEY HUNTING'S ULTIMATE CHALLENGE. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Spring2008, p68
The article offers guidelines to overcome the challenges of bowhunting turkeys. It discusses the techniques for bowhunting spring gobblers and offers tips on how to find birds and make effective calling. It cites the considerations for choosing the right equipment including the weight of the...
- Spring Gobbler. Bethge, Gerry // Outdoor Life;Mar2009, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p60
The article recommends tactics in hunting spring turkeys. Check as many prospective hunting areas as possible during the last half-hour of daylight. All manner of calls are used to make birds gobble. Create a roosting call with an oversize boat paddle box. Learn the birds daily travel patterns...