- The Great State of Hunting. Batcheller, Gordon R. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2013, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p2
The author discusses hunting opportunities in New York State. Aside from squirrels, he shares that hunters may go for wild turkey and deer depending on the season. He discloses that the state is considered as the ninth most popular hunting destination in the U.S., with an estimated 823,000...
- Changes to Turkey Hunting Seasons. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p30
The article announces changes to the fall turkey hunting seasons adopted by the New York Deparment of Environmental Conservation in 2015.
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- DEC asking hunters to survey ruffed grouse this fall. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/6/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 236, p16
The article reports that the Department of Environmental Conservation urges hunters to participate in the ruffed grouse survey in New York
- On Our 40th Birthday. // Conservationist;Nov/Dec86, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the celebration of the 40th anniversary of 'The Conservationist,' the periodical of the New York State's Department of Environmental Conservation. Succession of skilled editors and talented artists; Responsibility of the periodical in the community; Future plans in environmental...