Ask the ECO
- ATV Park voted down. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;11/22/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 29, p1A
No abstract available.
- Howling mad. Tobias, Jimmy // Missoula Independent;10/9/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p11
No abstract available.
- Western kids have fun - and die - motoring off-road. RING, RAY // High Country News;6/24/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p3
The article focuses on the risks posed by all terrain vehicles (ATV) to children in the western region of the U.S. It mentions that risks of injury and death associated with to ATV increased with the rise in their popularity. It further lists loose regulations and the marketing prowess of the...
- Dales Park clampdown on illegal off-roaders. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;2/6/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p16
Announces that a clamp down on illegal off-roading has been launched in Great Britain's Yorkshire Dales National Park (YDNP). Complaints of people using the rights of way; Comments from Jon Avison, YDNP head of management; Penalties facing offenders.
- Across the States. // Dealernews;Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on developments relevant to motor vehicle industry in the United States. A law in Arkansas went into effect in 2005 that allows motorcycles to proceed from weight-triggered traffic lights. The city of Princeton passed a law that regulates the use of all terrain vehicles,...
- BLM to manage for OHVS. // Dirt Bike;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the United States Bureau of Land Management's introduction of a national strategy to manage its land for off-highway vehicle (OHV) use. Apparent effort to head off more lawsuits by environmental extremists; Recognition of the importance of OHV recreation.
- OHV Tahoe National Forest! // Dirt Bike;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on a meeting between managers of the Tahoe National Forest and members of the California Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Commission, off-road enthusiasts and snowmobilers at the China Wall staging area in California. Discussion of the growing demand for OHV recreation; Importance of good...
- A DIRTY Year for Off-Roaders. Johnson, Dennis // Dealernews;Dec2004, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p20
The article presents news related to off-road vehicles. A proposed All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) track in Mineral Township is under fire from those who say it will kill property values, disturb wildlife and spoil their rural lifestyle. A bill that targets those who abuse public lands, thus giving a...
- TIME TO GET INVOLVED. Redwine, Arlo // Dealernews;Sep2008, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses the controversy over the use of off-highway vehicles (OHV) on public lands in the U.S. It cites the extent of propaganda done by anti-access groups, including author George Wuerthner, and its implications for the OHV industry. It also highlights the effort of the...