- It Is Easy Being Green. Pryor, Philip E. // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p54
Discusses how developers can implement low-cost sustainable site development practices. Development of efficient roadway and parking design to reduce storm water runoff and lessen water pollution; Use of locally produced, renewable or recycled materials; Strategy to make parking lots more...
- Why should you be smart about salt? Hodgins, Bob // Landscape Trades;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the Smart About Salt (SAS) program, an initiative showing the City of Ottawa, Ontario as leader of environmental protection. It states that SAS significantly optimizes how salt is used on winter roads, parking lots and sidewalks to minimize the effects of salt on the local...
- TeSzedd campaign finishes successfully; minister touts new environment-consciousness. // Hungary A.M.;11/4/2013, p6
The article reports on the successful closing of the national "TeSzedd!" (lit. "You Pick It!" ) refuse collection campaign and the new environmental awareness touted by Hungarian Minister of State for Environmental Affairs ZoltÃ¡n IllÃ©s.
- Pay-As-You-Throw Continues to Grow. Hui Jr., Gordon // Waste Age;May99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the Pay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) program for refuse collection by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Description of how the program works; Cost-effectiveness compared to traditional waste collection services.
- Ban NYC disposal ban. // Waste News;10/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p8
The article focuses on the rationality of the request by the owners of small food stores and restaurants in New York to install garbage disposals. The issue began churning because of a change in how businesses will be charged for trash collection. The U.S. administration is allowing carters to...
- MUSIC MAKES GARBAGE DAY FUN. // Making Music (1552-2946);May/Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the trash pickup program of the Taiwan's Environmental Protection Administration, wherein the country's garbage trucks sports speakers play music that signals for their arrival for garbage collection.
- The Real Supply Challenge. Parker, David N. // American Gas;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the conservation of the natural gas in the U.S. Solution of the growing supply-and-demand problem; Promotion of Alaskan natural gas pipeline construction; Protection of the environment.
- ZnaÄajke groblja PoreÄ (1920. - 1993.). Poropat, Amorino; Šergo, Zdravko; Gržinic, Jasmina // Sociologija i prostor / Sociology & Space;2007, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p183
The capacity of PoreÄ cemetery is completely filled inside its perimeter walls. This caused a huge problem for the municipal service USLUGA from PoreÄ since there is no place for new burials. We have documented and elaborated a series of questions in the area of environment protection...
- How Green Is Your Parking Lot? Promoting Sustainability on Campus. Jobin, Matt // School Business Affairs;Feb2011, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p32
The article discusses the green design elements being used by school districts for their parking lots. Some of these elements include the porous pavement which is a permeable pavement surface, rain gardens which are made up of specially engineered soils and plants as well as shallow depressions...