Adirondack Water--Spirit of the Mountains
- in a snap. // Canadian Geographic;Oct2013, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p16
Several photographs of nature, wildlife, and landscape in Canada are presented which include the Albion Falls in Hamilton, Ontario, the bullfrog in Belchers, Nova Scotia, and the sunset over the Strait of Georgia near Parksville, British Columbia.
- The Geographical photographer of the year 2004. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2004, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p53
Presents photographs that won in the Geographical Photographer of the Year competition. Novodevichy Convent in Moscow, Russia by Jeff Overs; Sunset on Mount Everest in Kala Pattar, Nepal by Rob Fraser; Little Owl by John Cazolis.
- Magical Scenes. // Popular Photography;Oct2014, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p32
The article presents the winning photographs from the "Popular Photography" Monthly Photo Contest for October 2014, including a photograph of Ban Gioc waterfall in Vietnam by software engineer Son Tong Tran, a photograph of a sunrise in Chicago, Illinois by sound technician Jeff Wuerth, and a...
- APPENDIX 7: Sky Colors at Sunrise and Sunset (for clean air). // Peterson Field Guide to Atmosphere;1981, p329
Presents an appendix of sky colors at sunrise and sunset.
- Where does the sun rise? Morgan, Frank // Christian Science Monitor;7/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 164, p15
Responds to a query on whether the sun rises due east. Impact of earth's tilt; Challenge on why the sun stayed on the same spot for 24 hours.
- PLANET WATCH. Grice, Noreen // Odyssey;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p43
The article presents information on the location and time of sight, of the evening planets like Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn in relation to the time of sunrise and sunset.
- WE SEE YOU. // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2008, Issue 227, p143
No abstract available.
- ASK DR.CYBORG. // Odyssey;May/Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p46
The article provides an answer to a question of why the sky turns pink at sunup and sundown.
- The fire that separates day from night. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on how to find the best spot of sunset during backpacking. Consistence of the earth's atmosphere; Entrance of solar rays as the earth spins toward evening. INSETS: Anatomy of a sunset.;Connoisseur's guide to fine sunsets..