Surprises, Winged & Otherwise
- Cornell Seeks Citizen Input. // Birder's World;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p28
Deals with the Birdhouse Network project of Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology in Ithaca, New York. How to join in the project; Participation fee; Web site address.
- The Lab. Graham Jr., Frank // Audubon;Jan1984, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the Laboratory of Ornithology at Cornell University. Research into the boundaries of knowledge in such fields as bird vocalization, navigation and the reintroduction of endangered species to the wild; Mixture of science and aesthetics in bird study at Cornell; Laboratory's...
- Saving the world through bird watching. // Country Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the efforts of the Cornell Laboratory of Orinthology, Ithaca, New York to help birds. Research programs implemented by the laboratory; What these programs include; Feeding of birds; How to save some species from becoming extinct; Information on the laboratory's newsletter `Birdscope.'
- Watch a nest to help the birds. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/10/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p2C
The article focuses on the invitation of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology of Cornell University in New York for people who love watching birds to take part at its Nest-Watch citizen-science project to help scientist study and understand birds' plight.
- Cornell Seeks Volunteers. // Birder's World;Jun2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the need for volunteer bird watchers for the Birds in Forested Landscapes project of Cornell University Laboratory of Ornithology in Ithaca, New York. Duties of the volunteer bird watchers; Examples of birds nearing extinction which the program targets to study.
- What Bird Is That? Free Merlin App From Cornell Lab Of Ornithology Can Help. // National Parks Traveler;9/9/2014, p1
The article offers brief information on the Merlin Bird Identification (ID) Application which includes birds sounds and images, from Cornell Lab of Ornithology, New York.
- Find a funky nest near you! // High Plains Journal;5/25/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p15B
The article offers information on the annual Funky Nests in Funky Places nest making competition hosted by the Celebrate Urban Birds Project at the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology.
- Watching birds for science. Weidensaul, Scott // Country Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the bird feeding study coordinated by Cornell University's Laboratory of Ornithology, called Project FeederWatch. Activities planned for volunteer participants; Goal of the project; Background on the study; Publication of study results every year; Contact information.
- Soaring into the future. Berger, Cynthia // Conservationist;1994, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology in Ithaca, New York, a center for bird research and conservation. The Lab's location in Sapsucker Woods, a sanctuary; Its first director, Arthur A. Allen, Cornell University's first professor of ornithology; The Lab's radio program `Birdwatch,'...