- The world of Ryland Loos. // New York State Conservationist;Aug97, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p18
Features the etchings of landscapes in New York state drawn by Ryland Loos, a contributor to the periodicals `The Conservationist,' `Adirondack Life,' `Yankee' and `Science Magazine.' Style; Medium used; Favorite subjects.
- Drawing Speed Considerations - Part 5. Wright, Roger N. // Wire & Cable Technology International;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p129
The author discusses the physical consequences of drawing speed for nonferrous wires. He explains the effect of the process in copper using a formula to determine strain rate and flow stress. He also mentions the study conducted by graduate student Corrado Nosda regarding the implications of...
- Deep drawing behaviour of ultrafine grained copper: modelling and experiment. Ma, X.; Lapovok, R.; Gu, C.; Molotnikov, A.; Estrin, Y.; Pereloma, E.; Davies, C.; Hodgson, P. // Journal of Materials Science;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p3807
Ultrafine grained materials produced by severe plastic deformation methods possess attractive mechanical properties such as high strength compared with traditional coarse grained counterparts and reasonable ductility. Between existing severe plastic deformation methods the Equal Channel Angular...
- Productivity - How do you measure it? Duff, Stuart; Phillips, Mike // Wire Journal International;Oct2012, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p73
The article offers information on the research paper which discusses the methods to increase the productivity of copper wiredrawing emulsion. It further informs that a drawing lubricant technology uses soluble oil concentrate to increase the productivity and decreasing the production costs of...
- Southwire Mill Systems in Taiwan & China. // Wire & Cable Technology International;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p44
The article offers brief information on Southwire Co.'s SCR 2500 copper rod system sold to Ruyu Metals Co. Ltd. and the SCR 7000 copper rod system sold to copper firm Jinchuan Group Co. Ltd.
- The 2009 Report on Copper Rolling, Drawing, and Extruding: World Market Segmentation by City. Parker, Philip M. // City Segmentation Reports;1/ 5/2010, pN.PAG
A report that summarizes the economic potential for major cities in more than 200 countries around the globe for copper rolling, drawing and extruding for 2009 is presented. It provides latent demand or potential industry earnings (PIE) estimates for the product for each city, including the...
- faux etching on copper. cushman, jen // Cloth Paper Scissors;May/Jun2014, p26
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making faux etching on copper.
- perspectives. Kreitzer, Hannah // Bangor Metro;Nov2016, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p50
The article discusses the artwork of Bangor, Maine-based artist Hannah Krettzer and mentions her works in drawing, etching, woodcut and painting, her graduation from Unity College, and release of her hand-drawn 2017 calendar in early November 2016.
- Cu0, Cu+, and Cu2 from excimer-ablated copper. Dreyfus, R. W. // Journal of Applied Physics;2/1/1991, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p1721
Presents a study that examined the transition from the thermal to the plasma etched region in excimer-ablated copper. Measurement of the densities of the copper species; Determination of the kinetic energies of the copper species; Analysis of the etching behavior in copper.