GAMBLING WITH GAMING
- Sin Cities on a Hill. Beato, Greg // Reason;May2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p38
This article looks at issues concerning legalized gambling in the U.S. During the annual conference of the National Coalition Against Legalized Gambling, Frank Wolf, a Republican congressman from Virginia, criticized the U.S. government for failing to combat the proliferation of state-sanctioned...
- Is China selling aborted fetuses? // Human Events;5/12/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p7
Focuses on allegations of the practice of selling aborted fetuses in China. Utilization of the fetuses as health and medicinal food; Call for congressional hearings by Representative Frank Wolf; Criticisms of President Bill Clinton's foreign policy on China.
- Keeping Wolf from the door. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/24/95, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the efforts made by Massachusetts state officials to contain House transportation appropriations subcommittee chairman Frank R. Wolf's move to contain costs on Boston's Central Artery/Tunnel. Force prompting Wolf's action; Opponents' defense; Completion schedule; Budget.
- Notes on church-state affairs: China. Hendon, David W.; Craddock, Jay // Journal of Church & State;Winter98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p218
Discusses Virginia Republican Representative Frank Wolf's allegations concerning the lack of religious liberty in Tibet, China. Response of the Chinese government to the accusation; Examples of the government's suppression of religious liberty in Tibet; Efforts of the United States to deal with...
- Inside D.C. BONTZ, RITA // Overdrive;Dec98, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p9
Presents news briefs on the transportation industry in the United States. Move of the Illinois State Police and Northwestern University's Traffic Institute to review roadside truck and bus inspections; Information on the National Truck and Bus Safety Summit II in Atlanta; Attack of...
- Reps. Wolf, Myrick want Obama to end prisoner transfers to Afghanistan. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;3/31/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the request of Representatives Frank Wolf and Sue Myrick to U.S. President Obama to stop sending detainees to Afghanistan.
- Rep. Wolf takes aim at demonstration projects, says limited dollars should go toward safety. Barnes, David // Traffic World;4/3/95, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p14
Reports on House transportation appropriations subcommittee chairman Representative Frank Wolf's opposition to highway demonstration projects. Exclusion of demonstration projects in the 1995 spending plan; Effects of money earmarking practices; Conflicts between the Appropriations Committee and...
- Trade-offs on torture. Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;10/04/97, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p1963
Focuses on the bill `The Freedom From Religious Persecution Act' passed by US Representative Frank R. Wolf. Provisions of the bill; Implication of the bill to US trade and economy; Opposition of the National Association of Manufacturers; Criticisms from several human rights groups.
- Going broke. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/20/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 21, p23
Reports on United States Representative Frank Wolf's proposed reinstatement of excise taxes for the funding of the Aviation Trust Fund. Concerns about the Fund's finances.