TIME FOR A STEP FURTHER
- SHEBA: A PERSONAL REFLECTION. Quamina, Lilian // Black Theology in Britain: A Journal of Contextual Praxis;May2002, Issue 8, p244
Comments on the Sisters Helping to Empower Black People to Achieve (SHEBA) association. Mission objective of the association; Founding history of SHEBA; Membership of SHEBA.
- Priests for Life joins Christian voter registration drive. // National Catholic Reporter;6/20/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p12
Reports that Priests for Life has joined the Christian Coalition of America and the National Pro Life Religious Council in designating four Sundays over the next seven months as national Christian voter registration Sundays. Designation of the first Sunday on June 15, 2003.
- New headquarters under construction. // Christianity Today;10/06/97, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p84
Features the Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC) headquarters in Orlando, Florida. Amount of donation received by CCC; Purpose of facility.
- Exodus Youth Services. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;03/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the funding requested by Exodus Youth Services, a Christian ministry working in the District of Columbia. Skepticism of the organization on the faith-based initiatives of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush; Principles of the organization; Opinion of Mary Lyman Jackson,...
- News from the Chapters. // Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa;Spring2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p82
This section offers news briefs about several chapters of the Theta Alpha Kappa (TAK) Fraternity. Three new chapters of TAK in Orange, California, Honolulu, Hawaii and Colorado Springs, Colorado were created. Alpha Theta Epsilon Chapter in Newport News, Virigina held its 14th annual John...
- `A giant Christian slumber party.' Schrof, Joannie M. // U.S. News & World Report;2/17/97, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on a religious movement called Joyful Journey. Its male counterpart, Promise Keepers; Different spiritual messages that men and women want; Comments of attendees at a convention held in January 1997; Commercial component of the motivational movement.
- Brute Force. Nudd, Tim // Adweek Southeast Edition;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p46
Reports on the legitimacy of the term Jedi Knight as a religious denomination in Great Britain. Source of the news; Information on the Jedi religious movement.
- Perennial hopeful sees Nobel pass by again. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;10/25/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on Rome, Italy-based Sant'Egidio religious organization. Founder of the organization; Aims and objectives of the organization; Achievements of the organization.
- Matters of Faith (and Why They Matter). Stoil, Michael J. // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the efforts of the United States (U.S.) government to support faith-based initiatives. Perception of U.S. President George W. Bush on faith-based organizations; Barriers to the behavioral health activities of faith-based organizations; Tax-related issues linked to the organization.