THE "AUTONOMY" OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ST. DYMPNA
- Forged teaching. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;4/26/89, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p455
Discusses the response of Notre Dame priest James Burtchaell to the loyalty oath recently issued by the Vatican, which he called a forgery.
- Theologian resigns. // Christian Century;1/1/92, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the recent resignation of James Burtchaell, a well-known Catholic theologian and spokesman for the antiabortion movement, from his teaching position at the University of Notre Dame. Published allegations of sexual involvement with male students he was counseling; Carl F. Ebey, head of...
- Priest. // U.S. Catholic;Jul87, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p20
Interview. The unborn child isn't the only victim of abortion. Rather, it's the first of many, says Father James T. Burchaell, C.S.C. in this interview. As a teacher in the theology department at the University of Indiana Father feels strongly that abortion is murder. He feels that Catholics...
- Good Friday Sermon. Burtchaell, James Tunstead // America;4/18/1981, Vol. 144 Issue 15, p316
The article presents the poem "Good Friday Sermon," by James Tunstead Burtchaell. First Line: Who has died today? Last Line: and give us, peaceful Evilundoer and gracious Saviour, peace.
- JAMES TUNSTEAD BURTCHAELL, COLLEAGUE AND FRIEND. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1992, Issue 20, p68
Focuses on issues related to damaging charges of sexual misconduct, published by the "National Catholic Reporter" in 1992, against Father James Tunstead Burtchaell, member of the editorial advisory board of the journal "First Things." Profile of Burtchaell; Statement issued by Burtchaell on the...
- The Language of Politics. JOHNSON, JOHN G. // America;5/22/1982, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p405
The article reviews the book "Rachel Weeping and Other Essays on Abortion," by James Tunstead Burtchaell.
- Philemon's Problem (Book). Stenschke, Christoph W. // Evangelical Quarterly;Apr2002, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p184
Reviews the book 'Philemon's Problem: A Theology of Grace,' by James T. Burtchaell.
- The Sacrament of Penance: A Report From the Pews. Marciniak, Ed // America;7/9/1983, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the sharp decline in the number and frequency of Catholics going to confessions which call for a crisis of sacramental penance. According to James Burtchaell, confession was eluded practice of the Catholic church that lasted for almost a decade. It is believed that the...
- Philemon's Problem: The Daily Dilemma of the Christian. Donnelly, Doris // America;2/23/1974, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p136
The article reviews the book "Philemon's Problem: The Daily Dilemma of the Christian," by James Tunstead Burtchaell.