Back to the Future
- Vox Vulgaris. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;12/20/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p10
Focuses on vulgarity in the United States popular culture as influenced by the mass media. Examples of vulgarity in mass media; Concerns over the level of vulgarity; Importance of countering the trend.
- THE CULTURE COMES HOME. Poniewozik, James; McDowell, Jeanne; Sachs, Andrea // Time;11/19/2001, Vol. 158 Issue 22, p126
Discusses popular culture in light of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Statement that people are reconnecting with family, regaining respect for institutions and community, and fleeing the so-called rat race; Idea that the social changes were already in existence...
- Look at Me. Bowman, James // American Spectator;Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p70
The article discusses art and publicity in the 21st century. The author suggests that freedom of speech is alive and well, but that a U.S. national crises of inattention can be seen in the decrease of the number of U.S. citizens watching news channels, such as CBS Broadcasting Inc. (CBS). Topics...
- Michael Jackson, the Celebrity Cult, and Popular Culture. Hollander, Paul // Society;Mar2010, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p147
The article focuses on Americans' devotion to celebrities. The author states that the inspiration behind this report is due to the media's coverage of the death of singer Michael Jackson. Presented is a theory that Jackson's confused sexual and racial identity may have increased his appeal to...
- The Times Square Kiss: Iconic Photography and Civic Renewal in U.S. Public Culture. Hariman, Robert; Lucaites, John Louis // Journal of American History;Jun2007, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p122
The article focuses on the Times Square Kiss taken in 1945 and the civic renewal in American public culture during the 20th century. Particular attention is given to Thomas Bender's idea on creating a public culture that represents and defines a nation. The author discusses the social...
- Blast from the Past. Dougherty, Robin // Sight & Sound;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p38
Reviews the film `Blast From the Past,' directed by Hugh Wilson.
- Helter Shelter. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;02/19/99-02/26/99, Issue 472/473, p109
Reviews the motion picture `Blast From the Past,' starring Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone.
- Blast From the Past. Cagle, Jess; Harris, Mark; Ascher-Walsh, Rebecca; Baldwin, Kristen; Daly, Steve; Essex, Andrew; Fierman, Daniel; Hochman, David; Jacobs, Alexandra; Karger, Dave; Laine, Tricia; Nashawaty, Chris; Neumaier, Joe; Pener, Degen; Rich, Joshua; Shaw, Jessica; Svetkey, Benjamin; Young, Josh // Entertainment Weekly;08/21-08/28/98, Issue 446/447, p78
Previews the motion picture `Blast from the Past,' directed by Hugh Wilson.
- Wedded bliss in the Golden Era of love from yesteryear. // Eastern Door;5/16/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p11
No abstract available.