Who's Afraid of Tom Wolfe?
- Tom Wolfe bonfires Atlanta! Mallon, Thomas // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p129
Talks about Tom Wolfe's novel `A Man in Full.' Charlie Croker as protagonist in the book; Croker's financial problems; Wolfe's recreation of rap lyrics; Greatest-hits feeling of the book.
- Wolfe's noble animal. ALLEN, BROOKE // New Leader;12/14/98, Vol. 81 Issue 14, p15
Features Tom Wolfe and his book `A Man in Full.' John Updike's review of the book; Source of Wolfe's inspirations in writing; Information on `A Man in Full.'
- Tom Wolfe's Epictetus. Dougherty, Jude P. // World & I;Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p332
Discusses Tom Wolfe's novel `A Man in Full,' which deals with Stoicism. Reference to Epictetus, the Stoic philosopher; Comments on the fictional character, Conrad Hensley; Merit of Stoicism.
- The White stuff. // Vanity Fair;Sep98, Issue 457, p284
Focuses on author Tom Wolfe and his book `A Man in Full,' which is the first book Wolfe wrote since his last `The Bonfire of the Vanities,' a decade ago. Length of time in which Wolfe took to write `A Man in Full'; Focus of the book; In-depth look at the book.
- Tom Wolfe's A Man in Full. // World & I;Mar99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p229
Focuses on author Tom Wolfe's book `A Man in Full.' Views as a novelist; Overview of book.
- Fuller Explanation Dept. Mead, Rebecca // New Yorker;01/25/99, Vol. 74 Issue 43, p26
Addresses questions raised by `that thing with a cup' referred to in Tom Wolfe's book `A Man in Full.' Speculation by editor Byron Dobell; Views of Dominique Browning, editor of `House & Garden'; Explanation by Wolfe; Use of the phrase in the book `Bonfire of Vanities.'
- A new Wolfe at the door. Jones Jr., Malcolm; Seligmann, Jean; Chambers, Veronica; Brown, Corie // Newsweek;7/6/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p76
Highlights Tom Wolfe's novel `A Man in Full.' Volume of first printing; Financial deals; Origin of the title.
- Excerpts from Tom Wolfe's Works. // Humanities;May/Jun2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p28
An excerpt from the book "A Man in Full," by Tom Wolfe is presented.
- Mist-uh may-uh will see you now. Wolfe, Tom // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov2002, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p172
Presents a brief excerpt from Tom Wolfe's novel 'A Man in Full.'