The First Modern Woman
- It happened one night. Cohen, Meg // Harper's Bazaar;Jan94, Issue 3386, p127
Reflects on the motion picture `It Happended One Night,' Cast; Awards; Claudette Colbert's recollections.
- The Role I Liked Best â€¦. Gabler, Clark // Saturday Evening Post;5/17/1947, Vol. 219 Issue 46, p148
The article relates the author's role in the film "It Happened on Night." According to the author, it was his first time to act in a comedy film and he was happy with it. Mostly he plays in underworld characters, pushing women around and being brutal and callous. He was happy that in all films...
- WEEKLY PLANNER. // Back Stage West;1/19/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
The article presents a calendar of entertainment events in the U.S. in January 2006. The film "It Happened One Night" will be shown at a classic-comedy festival in Santa Monica, California. The "2006 Asian Excellence Awards" will be conducted in Los Angeles, California. "The One Ring...
- My Favorite Movie Scene. Kruger, Otto // Saturday Evening Post;4/14/1945, Vol. 217 Issue 42, p106
Relates a scene from the motion picture "It Happened One Night." Casts in the film, including Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert; Funny sequences in the comedy.
- Let's Get Fiscal: Hollywood romance and the mechanism of the self in modernity. Leonard, Garry // Film International (16516826);Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the relationship between motion pictures, particularly romance films, and the concept of the self in modern society. Two films are discussed in detail: "It Happened One Night" and "Pretty Woman." The author focuses on how the elements of the romance genre are differently...
- Claudette: 77 and Ageless. Clarke, Gerald // Time;9/14/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 11, p90
The article provides information on actress Claudette Colbert's career aspects. It defines the nervousness Colbert was going through regarding her play titled "A Talent for Murder," to be held in Washington D.C. It describes her to be an efficient comedian did several films including...
- Establishing Sound. Altman, Rick // Cinemas;Fall2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p19
The history of film sound has usually been configured as a series of technological upheavals. In every case, the story has been told through technological innovations, as if changes in technology were alone responsible for the development of new sound strategies. The approach offered here...
- From Heroine to Brat: Frank Capra's Adaptation of Night Bus (It Happened One Night). Gottlieb, Sidney // Literature Film Quarterly;1988, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p129
Deals with the transformation of the woman in the motion picture 'It Happened One Night,' directed by Frank Capra based on the story 'Night Bus,' by Samuel Hopkins. Ways by which Capra modified the character of Ellie in the movie; Comparison between the film and the story; Depiction of the...
- BEST OF THE BEST. // Variety;2/14/2005 Eye on the Oscars, Vol. 397, p18
Lists the best motion pictures in the U.S. according to various film critics polled by "Variety" magazine. "Sunrise"; Casablanca"; "It Happened One Night."