Gays, Lesbians, and Lutherans
- Gay church welcomed. // Christianity Today;6/18/90, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p66
Reports on the admission of the Spirit of the Lakes Church, a largely homosexual congregation, into the Minnesota Conference of the United Church of Christ.
- Mazel tov! // Advocate;12/23/97, Issue 749, p16
Features Los Angeles' Beth Chayim Chadashim (BCC), the oldest gay synagogue in the world. BCC's fund raising for the establishment of a school; BCC's community services; Rabbi Lisa Edwards' comment on BCC.
- Special Easter service. // Lesbian News;Apr95, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p86
Announces that a special service for the gay and lesbian community is slated for Easter celebrated by Reverend Nancy Wilson, pastor of Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles in California.
- Gay in the Lord Congregation Debates Affirmation of Straight Lifestyle. Harader, Joanna // Whosoever;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p36
The article reports that several members of the Gay in the Lord Church in Lynchburg Virginia, left the congregation after the pastor, Frank Lee Wright, performed a union for a heterosexual couple. The official church doctrine remains rather ambiguous in regards to heterosexuality. Many church...
- THE WAY OF THE QUEER BUDDHIST. MacAodha, Patricia L. // Just Out;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p15
Focuses on gays who are practicing Buddhists in Portland, Oregon. Reasons for deciding to embrace Buddhism; Spiritual fulfillment obtained by gays from Buddhism; Principles of Buddhism.
- Enjoying the Mind Feast. Allen, Lyman // White Crane;Spring2004, Issue 60, p35
Presents a letter to the editor about the dynamic of gay spirituality.
- Ex-homosexuals find new purpose. Winter, Angela // Christianity Today;8/16/93, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p43
Reports on seminars attended by Christian ex-homosexuals at the Exodus International. Overcoming homosexuality; Testimonials from attenders; Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Fidelity Clause Retained. Jones, Jim // Christianity Today;08/09/99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the effort of the Presbyterian Church in the United States to resolve the issue of ordaining homosexuals. Year set by the church to resolve the controversy; Opposition of the majority members of the church to the ordination of the homosexuals; Details on the issue.
- Community. // Empty Closet;Jul2014, Issue 480, p25
A calendar of events for the gay community in Rochester, New York in 2014 including the weekly meeting of the Dignity-Integrity (D-I) Rochester at Saint Luke's and Saint Simon's Church, the participation of guest preachers from the Colgate Divinity School in the Sunday services of the Open Arms...
- Gays and lesbians protest at church center. // Christian Century;7/13/94, Vol. 111 Issue 21, p676
Reports on lesbian and gay Christians' protest against alleged hypocrisy and homophobia in mainline churches. Organizers; Membership of the Metropolitan Community Churches; Other concerns of gay and lesbians.