Competitive School Sale
- S&P, Fitch Drop Dallas Schools To AA-Minus Before $400M Deal. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p6
The article reports that Dallas Independent School District obtained downgrades from Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Standard & Poor's Corp. in Texas. It is said that the two agencies lowered the rating of the district to AA-minus from AA as it plans to provide $400 million of unlimited-tax school...
- Birdville school district bets big on its technology. Kachapeswaran, Ashwini // Fort Worth Business Press;2/13/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p44
Reports that the Birdville Independent School District has received an AAA in Fitch Ratings for the $40.3 million unlimited tax building bonds in January 2006. Purpose of the high-rated bonds for the computer needs, technology upgrading and facility infrastructure of the school district;...
- Bonding Agents. Vogel, Carl // District Administration;Apr2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p48
The article offers advice to administrators on getting a bond rating for their school districts. It describes the rating methodology of agencies, Moody's Investors service, Standard and Poor's and Fitch Ratings. The article points out that the rate a district gets for its bonds is connected to...
- Beaumont, Tex., Schools May Seek $350 Million From Voters. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;12/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32532, p36
The article discusses the Independent School District of Beaumont in Texas, which is soliciting the support of voters to approve general obligation bonds worth $350 million. The need for new school buildings and upgrading of existing facilities has been stressed. The community advisory bond...
- S&P Gives Massachusetts School District Rare AAA. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31721, p28
Reports on the presentation of a AAA rating to the Lincoln Sudbury Regional School District from Standard & Poor's in Massachusetts. Reflection on the affluent tax base of the school district; Sale of bonds to construct a high school building; Source of liquidity for the district.
- One-School District Nets AAA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p9
The article reports on the increased ratings of the Ross Elementary School District in Marin County, California to AAA from AA. According to credit analyst Matthew Reining, this rating reflects its ongoing strong financial operations which is enhanced by good supplemental revenues from its basic...
- S&P Cuts Oakland School District's GOs to BBB With Negative CreditWatch. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p31
Reports on downgrade in rating of general obligation bonds issued by Oakland, California-based Unified School District by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason for downgrade in the rating; Rating assigned by other rating agencies.
- School Gets Positive. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p27
The article reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has changed its rating outlook from stable to positive for the bonds of Marysville Exempted Village School District. The revision is due to the district growing and diversifying tax base.
- Arkansas Schools Now Working on Three R's and One A1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p3
Reports on the upgrade of the general obligation bond ratings of Arkansas. Upgrade of the rating of the Arkansas School District Enhancement Program; Wealth and income levels of the state.