Ferris, Baker Watts to Acquire Pittsburgh-Based Muni Firm
- Raymond James brokers leave for rival's downtown office. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the departure of three Raymond James & Associates Inc. retail securities brokers in Detroit, Michigan to join the local office of Ferris Baker Watts Inc. Reasons of the brokers for joining Ferris; Raymond's reaction to the employee departures.
- More news. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/18/2008, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the planned acquisition of Ferris, Baker Watts Inc. (FBW), an investment banking firm, by RBC Dain Rauscher Corp. in the U.S. According to the author, the acquisition will still need the approval of the U.S. and Canadian regulators. Furthermore, John Taft, president and...
- Brokerage Deal Reflects Growth Strategy at RBC. Davis, Paul // American Banker;2/15/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 32, p20
The author reports on plans by the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) to purchase Ferris Baker Watts Inc. According to the article, RBC has been expanding their business through acquisitions since 2006. The reasons why RBC has decided to purchase Ferris Baker Watts are mentioned by John Taft, an...
- RBC Looks to Complete Purchase of Ferris Baker Watts. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p5
The article reports that RBC Wealth Management plans to complete its purchase of mid-Atlantic investment bank and brokerage firm Ferris, Baker Watts (FBW) Inc. The acquisition will mark the company's presence in wealth management in the Mid-Atlantic region and will build upon the expansion of...
- 5 QUESTIONS. Vaughan, Patrick J. // On Wall Street;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p22
The article presents an interview with Patrick J. Vaughan, executive vice president, director of retail sales at Ferris, Baker Watts. He talks about the company's plan of expanding the number of its brokers. When asked about the effect of the securities industry's focus on regulation and...
- CDA Garners Affirmations. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p31
The article reports on the sale of $360 million residential revenue bonds of Maryland Community Development Administration in the U.S. The sale will be negotiated by companies such as Ferris, Baker Watts Inc., which will finance the agency's MoreHouse4Less program, the Ballard Spahr Andrews &...
- WEST VIRGINIA: Top Five Rankings. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p43
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsels in West Virginia as of August 12, 2004. Merrill Lynch; Ferris Baker Watts; Steptoe & Johnson.
- New securities groups and the City Code. // Accountancy;Jul1986, Vol. 98 Issue 1115, p36
Focuses on the decision of the British Takeover Panel to consider the changes necessary to the City Code after Big Bang to take account of the new securities group which often comprise a bank, broker and a jobber. Concerns of the Panel over the rules governing the trading of shares; Proposed...
- A shape-shifting industry: How 2015 transformed the benefit advising business. Winn, Melissa A. // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;12/31/2015, p1
The business of benefits continues to shift, with industry mergers and acquisitions filling news feeds this year. Meanwhile, brokerages remain committed to meeting clients' needs through innovative ideas that also stole headlines in 2015.