N.J. Agrees to Sales Tax Hike, Ends Shutdown
- Final county budget drops property tax rate 6.5 cents. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;8/26/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p1A
The article informs about the final changes in budget made for the year 2012-2013, from Court Commissioners of Graham, Young County, Texas which will reduce the property tax rate by 6.5 percent.
- All I want for Christmas is a tax increase. Shabazz, Abdul-Hakim // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p11
Comments on the need for a tax increase in Indiana. Argument that increasing the sales tax will provide the state with the capital it needs to close the budget gap; Enabling of the state to meet its commitments with respect to the Teacher's Retirement Pension Funds and money it owes to other...
- Tax Relief A Top Priority For New York In 2006. Kolb, Brian M. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p21
The article informs that tax relief will be a top priority for New York in the year 2006. On average, property taxes in New York increased by an astounding rate of 19.6 percent between 1997 and 2001. According to the 2002 census, the average local property tax was $3,750 per household in New...
- Economic Lessons from the Election. // njbiz;11/13/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p16
The article reflects on the voter approval of three public questions in New Jersey that provided a lesson for everyone about the allocation of scarce resources. The first question is the dedication of half the amount of the 2006 sales tax to increase property tax relief, the second is the...
- Oregon Tax Issue To Be on Ballot. // Education Week;6/11/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the claim of the Oregon Education Association in its success of petition drive in placing a state sales-tax initiative on the November ballot. The voters had rejected such tax many times in the past 52 years. The recent one was a margin of 3-to-1 last September. However,...
- WISCONSIN. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p9
The article reports on the increase of sales tax on November 2008 ballot in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. The voters of the county will have an opportunity to weigh the ballot on whether the sales tax should be raised by one cent to fund transit projects and park improvements and provide property...
- Illinois Revises Fiscal 2003 Budget Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p4
Reports that the Illinois budget officials have revised the fiscal 2003 budget estimate. Reason for revision of the revenue estimates; Basis of the fiscal budget; Estimated individual income and sales tax revenues for the year.
- Puerto Rico Tax Legislation Still a Threat. // GPP eNews;6/7/2013, p1
The article discusses the urgent search for alternative revenue-raisers by the House and Senate leaders in Puerto Rico to prevent the possibility of forcing the governor and the legislature to revert back to the proposals contained in H.B. 1073, also known as the Tax Burden Adjustment and...
- Mills says that Democrat's budget proposal may kill STAR program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p38
Reports on New York Assemblyman Howard Mills' criticism of the budget proposal in the state Assembly by Democrats. Mills' concerns on the proposed budget's effects to the state's school property tax relief program; Deficits which may result from the budget.