NEW GUIDED MLRS UNITARY ROCKET IS IMMEDIATE SUCCESS IN IRAQ
- Logistics Transition Team. Betancourt, David A. // Army Logistician;Mar2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses the training exercises conducted by the logistics transition team (LTT) of the U.S. which aims to train and mentor the 2d Division, Iraqi Army in all areas of logistics. The training includes maintenance operations, munitions management, and human resources management. It...
- Situational Awareness and FSB Battle Command. Wilson, Jeffrey S. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the forward support battalion in military art and science. Influence of the FSB commander's decision-making about combat service support; Establishment of FSB tactical operations center; Representation at brigade planning; Use of internal brigade support area.
- An AOE CSS Command Post in a Modular Army. Moritz, J. A. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the reengineering of the command post of 1st Armored Division Support Command (DISCOM) around processes, off-the-shelf technology, and improved use of systems to create a logistics command post that can function in many environments in the U.S. Operating apart from the 1st...
- Maintenance Management in the Heavy BCT. McCoy, Eric A. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p17
The article focuses on maintenance operations for the brigade combat team (BCT) at both the forward support company and the brigade support battalion (BSB) levels. The maintenance control officer is the senior maintenance officer in the maneuver battalionï¿½s FSC or the BSBï¿½s field...
- Modernization through spares. Gagnon, E. Carroll // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p65
Presents the author's vision of the United States Army's Modernization Through Spares (MTS) initiative and the challenges of executing the program. Designation of the Paladin/M109 family of vehicles (FOV) as the pilot program to test the MTS concept; Principles of acquisition reform for the...
- Contractors on the battlefield: Risks on the road ahead? Orsini, Eric A.; Bublitz, Gary T. // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p130
Suggests several issues that need to be examined as the United States Army is moving towards increased reliance on contractors for battlefield support. Several military operations that used contractor support; Plan to institutionalize contracts and use contractors on the battlefield as support...
- Three-tiered approach. // Army Logistician;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p47
Presents a chart showing the different levels or tiers of the United States Army's Global Combat Support System. Joint interoperability; Wholesale-retail integration; Tactical logistics integration.
- America's Frontier Wars: Lessons for Asymmetric Conflicts. Skelton, Ike // Military Review;Aug2008 Special Edition, p2
The article mentions the author's suggestions on how to overcome the threat of asymmetrical warfare in the U.S. by examining yesteryear's battles to develop strategies and tactics for tomorrow's conflicts. He discusses how the physical environment remains the defining variable of close combat...
- Establishing the Optimal CSS Tactical Operations Center. Kunzer, Michael J. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p9
Explores the establishment of the United States Army's combat service support (CSS) tactical operations center (TOC) to manage and control CSS units and to track the combat force's requirements. Design of TOC; Role of TOC personnel in the success of military operation; Capabilities of CSS TOC.