Worcester Public Schools present Karen Hanlon with School Nurse of the Year Award
- School Nurses: What it Was and What it Is. Wolfe, Linda C.; Selekman, Janice // Pediatric Nursing;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p403
Discusses the changing focus of school nursing in the U.S. Brief history of school nursing; Responsibilities of school nurses; Legislative changes affecting school health; Daily challenges school nurses face in the delivery of health services within the school; Details on how the nursing...
- A Study of Sexuality Education Performance and Associated Factors Among Elementary School Nurses In Taipei. Ming-Huey Jou; Ping-Ling Chen; Sheuan Lee; Yin, Terese J. C. // Journal of Nursing Research (Taiwan Nurses Association);Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p47
Investigates the performance and associated factors of sexuality education by elementary school nurses in Taipei, Taiwan. Factors associated with the implementation of sexuality education among school nurses; Problem for promoting sexual health; Types of sexuality education provided by nurses.
- School nursing--proving the value. Fatchett, Anita; Gleeson, Catherine // Primary Health Care;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Presents the results of a seminar in Wakefield, England on evidence-based school health nursing. Discussion on the health policy goals of primary care trusts; Issues that were covered by the presentations; Themes of the discussions among participants.
- Survey charts school nurses' concerns. Frenette, Liza // New York Teacher;2/18/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on a survey conducted by the school nurses of the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) on issues facing school nurses in the state. Survey says the average student-to-nurse ratio is 508 students for every full-time equivalent (FTE) nurse in the building. It notes that 19%...
- Keeping service users involved. Croghan, Emma // British Journal of School Nursing;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p109
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including importance of health promotion at school level, involvement of children and young people in the school health service in West Midlands, and ability to assess the evidence from research.
- Moore responds to cuts in school health services, nurses. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2003, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the amendment filed by senator Richard T. Moore seeking to restore the budget cuts in Massachusetts. Authority exercised by governor Mitt Romney to eliminate enhanced school health and school-based health centers programs; Impact of the budget proposal on school nurses and health...
- West Springfield school nurses ratify new contract. // Massachusetts Nurse;Apr2007, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses on the ratification of a new contract to the school nurses in West Springfield, Massachusetts. The school committee of the place has approved a three-year contract which offers benefits to its school nurses. Stipulated in the contract are the increase in the salary of the...
- Supreme Court decision may affect school nurses. Ventura, Marissa J. // RN;Jun99, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the United States Supreme Court's ruling on the care of chronically ill students in public school districts under the Disabilities Education Act. Effects of the ruling on public school nurses; Intent of the federal law.
- Officials work to ensure effective immunizations. BASSETT, ELIZABETH // Fort Worth Business Press;8/9/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p9
The article reports that officials and health care providers of Fort Worth Independent School District in Texas are encouraging families to ensure their children will receive immunization before the start of the 2010-2011 school year. Vaccines are integral part of maintaining a healthy...