Mass marketing the Internet
- The unreliable Internet. Huston, Geoff // Satellite Broadband;May2001, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the role of customers in providing resiliency in the Internet and the access services provided by Internet service providers (ISP). Objective of the Internet; How quality is defined within the ISP network; Prevention of network congestion by increasing the capacity; Limitation of the...
- Serial Device Servers Breathe New Life Into Legacy Peripherals. Fakhry, Lisa // Electronic Design;9/16/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p33
Features the QSE-100 four-port and ESE-100 eight-port serial device servers. Power source of the servers; Standard prices of the system; Multiple serial ports of the system.
- Waving, not drowning. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Apr2003, p22
Focuses on the Internet service providers in the European market. Economic problems of Internet providers; Information on the acquisitions and mergers among Internet providers; Key issue among the providers.
- Yet to get on the net?. Law, Gillian // NZ Business;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p36
Offers tips for companies on how to get connected to the Internet. Determining a company's Internet needs; Tips on selecting an Internet service provider; Technical aspects of Internet connection.
- They'll make an ISP out of you. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;11/29/99, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p88
Focuses on the trend among Internet service providers (ISP) in the United States to turn their customers into a virtual ISP; Discussion on virtual ISP; Advantage of Virtual ISP; Comment from Art Medici, Cable & Wireless senior service vice president; Services offered by the NavyNet company.
- Ready to grow up. McCarthy, Vance // Telephony;10/20/97, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p30
Evaluates the importance of small Internet service providers (ISP) to the growth of the Internet. Total number of ISPs existing nationwide; Need for large ISPs to allow smaller ISPs to scale their throughput more cheaply and easily without requiring them to load up on an expensive manner.
- Policy issues must be determined by those affected, not by technocrats. McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p13
Makes observations concerning policy issues regarding the use of the Internet. Requests from telephone companies to charge Internet service providers for time used instead of blanket charges; Possibility of increase in Internet access charges; Potential threats to privacy brought by computer...
- Lifestyles. Patent, Eric F. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Summer98, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the use of the Internet in commercial, advertisements and in business. Advantage of using the Internet Service Provider (ISP); How to find information on the Internet; Other uses for the Internet.
- ISP category take-up rates brave acquisitions and consolidations. Addison, Dominick // Marketing (00253650);02/15/2001, p10
Analyzes the growth of the Internet service provider category in Great Britain over the last four months of 2000. Continuity of the growth despite acquisitions and consolidations; Sale of Freeserve.com to French counterpart Wannadoo; Decline in the ranking of Breathe.com.