PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- A new era for History. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the promotion of Nancy Dubuc to executive vice president and general manager of the History Channel in the U.S. Dubuc admits that she will not make any big changes in the channel because it has achieved its role in reaching male viewers between the ages of 25 and 54. In...
- Latam sports web PSN shuffles exex. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p12
Reports that Latino sports network Pan-American Sports Network has promoted several of its executives. Appointment of Marie Caplain to the chief operating officer post; Expansion plans in the United States; Names of the other executives promoted.
- NBC's Vaughan adds to duties. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;3/1/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the appointment of Doug Vaughan to the post of vice president at NBC News in the U.S. The appointment of Vaughan is intended to increase television programming at the network. He was instrumental in the success of the program "Today." He will retain his existing post as...
- Cantore back to MTV Latam. Bensinger, Ken // Daily Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 59, p11
Announces the appointment of Jaqueline Cantore as VP for programming in MTV Latin America cable TV network in Mexico. Responsibilities of Cantore in her new position; Career profile of Cantore.
- Leading With Courage, Character. Weinberg, Dina // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p57
Presents tips for women on establishing a career in the cable industry. Description of integrity; Ways of establishing integrity; Importance of keeping a journal.
- Sci Fi burnishes exec lineup. Brown, Maressa // Daily Variety;1/24/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the appointment of Sallie Schoneboom as senior vice president for public relations at Sci Fi Channel in the U.S. Schoneboom will replace Nora O'Brien in the position. Previously, she was head of media and talent relations at ABC Daytime. She will report to executive vice...
- CNBC taps into UK economic worries. Davies, Laura // PRWeek (London);3/13/2009, p12
The article reports on the television program "Strictly Money," a finance show launched by the U.S.-based business network CNBC in January 2009 just for Great Britain. An executive who worked with the show said that the new show's target audience is anyone from chief executive officers (CEO) and...
- Sporting Success. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/30/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 5, Special Section p26A
This article focuses on the career of Cathy Weeden, vice-president and general manager of FSN Florida, in the field of television broadcasting. Weeden is focusing her attention on integrating two of the largest regional sports networks in the U.S. The advancement of her career is discussed.
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p25
Focuses on appointments and promotions of executives in several television networks. Appointment of Jon Gurevitch as the vice president of sports programming at CN8; Appointments of executives in the Cable Affiliate Division of Daystar Television Network; Promotion of Cha Lee, the associate...