GETTING LATINOS INTO THE MIX
- France launches PinkTV. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;10/7/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p14
Reports on gay television network Pink TV launched on cable and satellite in France on October 25, 2004. Description of the sportscaster of the network; Television programs that will be offered by the channel.
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p22
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Distribution pace of the gay and lesbian premium service Here! TV in Southern California; Background on the Halo 2 Day programming of G4techTV for fans of the Halo 2 video game; Information on a talent...
- Logo Off to Fast Start With Subs, Sponsors. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the launch of Logo, a GLBT-targeted cable television network, as of July 4, 2005. Sponsors of the network; List of television companies affiliated with Logo; Television programs broadcast in the network.
- CANADIAN GAY TV CHANNEL TO LAUNCH. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;8/30/2001, pN.PAG
Reports on the launching of a gay TV channel in Canada on September 7, 2001, available via satellite and digital cable. Television programs that will be offered by the channel.
- I Want My Gay TV! // Out;Jan/Feb2005 Out Traveler, p18
Presents information on the launch of the gay cable channel LOGO by MTV Networks in the U.S. Background on other all-gay programming networks, including PrideVision in Canada and Gay TV in Italy.
- Canada Launches First GLBT Television Network. Johnston, Dawn Elizabeth B. // LGBT History, 1993-2004;2005, p1
In September of 2001, Canada's PrideVision TV, the world's first GLBT television network to broadcast all day, every day, began broadcasting to subscribers on digital cable.
- Logo slate broadens net's focus. // Daily Variety;2/22/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the efforts of cable television channel Logo to reach gay audiences through various new television (TV) shows including "The Baby Wait," "Eden Wood's World," and "Scandalicious."
- 'South' Scores Points With GLAAD, Viewers. Clark, Tim // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p32
Reports on the nomination of N cable television network's television program "South of Nowhere" to the outstanding drama series category during the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in 2006. Remarks of GLAAD entertainment media director Damon Romine on the program;...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p22
Presents news briefs related to cable television marketing and advertising as of January 10, 2005. Appointment of Christopher Raleigh as senior vice president of advertising sales by GSN; Promotion of the NBC Weather Plus Channel by NBC Universal with the use of cable and broadcast networks;...