MSNBC Tweaks Prime
- MEDIA. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p13
The article reports developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. The National Geographic Society's television specials "Hawaii: Strangers in Paradise," will air over the Public Broadcasting Service. The Arts & Entertainment cable network will provide four documentary programs...
- Alexander spesh leads march of History slate. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 62, p5
The cable television network History Channel knows something about the history of mass-market tie-ins, scheduling its elaborate three-hour documentary "The True Story of Alexander" to coincide with the release of Oliver Stone's big-budget Warner Bros. theatrical "Alexander" in early November...
- BACKYARD HABITAT Program Launched on Animal Planet. // Guardians of the Wild: Wildlife Report;Summer2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that the U.S. National Wildlife Federation has teamed up with the wild life channel Animal Planet to create the new television series Backyard Habitat. The television series is hosted by anchor David Mizejewski of the National Wildlife Federation and television personality...
- TCM offers clutterless classics. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;04/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p4
Discusses issues of relevance to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Efforts of Turner Classic Movies' launching of clutterless television classics; CBS Broadcasting Corp.'s cluttering of its prime-time television screens with commercials; Quality of...
- 'Tabloid Wars' Slotted in Siberia. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p12
The article reports on the premiere of the reality-based documentary series, Tabloid Wars, on Bravo on July 24, 2006. Summer has always been cable networks' premiere launch pad for new series while the broadcast networks rely on reruns during the period. The documentary television program shows...
- Lifetime Diginet Bows with Docu-Style Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p48
Reports on Lifetime Television's launching of Lifetime Real Women documentary television program. On-air spots featuring women's tales as told to documentary producers Optic Nerve; Stories collected by Optic Nerve.
- Cartoon Plans Documentary With Controversial Shorts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p84
Reports the plan to produce a documentary of Bugs Bunny shorts by Cartoon Network in the United States. Purpose of presenting a documentary; Portrayal of racial stereotypes in several Bugs Bunny series; Recognition of the responsibilities of the network being the leader in animation.
- HIGH FIVE FOR CABLER. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;03/30/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p5
Cites the primetime series that VH1 cable television network will add to its lineup. Reality skein `Fan,' from director Joe Berlinger; `Sound Affects'; `VH1 Confidential'; `100 Greatest'; `Don't Quote Me.'
- MTV will specialize. Barraclough, Leo // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p13
This article reports that Nordic audiences will get their own local versions of MTV as the company prepares to launch separate channels for Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland.