Comcast Buys an Online 'Platform'
- Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;6/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p2
Reports on Comcast's acquisition of Internet video software firm thePlatform in the U.S. in 2006. Amount of the acquisition; Terms of the acquisition deal; Services offered by thePlatform.
- COMCAST AND THEPLATFORM DEBUT ONLINE MULTIMEDIA PLAYER. // Multimedia Publisher;Jan2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the launch of an online multimedia player by Comcast Corp., a broadband Internet service provider, and thePlatform for media Inc.
- Charter-TWC: A Bad Deal for Storytellers. PETERSON, LOWELL; WINSHIP, MICHAEL // Multichannel News;2/8/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p31
The author discusses merge of cable operators and entertainment business which is not in interest of consumers or content creators following the collapse of attempt of mass media company Comcast's merge with telecommunication company Time Warner Cable.
- the Platform Partners Up. // Communications Technology;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the announcement of thePlatform for Media Inc. that more than 20 companies have joined its partner program. It states that there are already almost 80 companies participating in thePlatform Framework. Companies include ad sales networks, advertising campaign management...
- Cable giants on merger path. Essick, Kristi // InfoWorld;03/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p47
Focuses on the acquisition of MediaOne company by Comcast company. Estimated value of the stock swap; Services offered by the merged companies; Benefits of the merger.
- Is Comcast deal a watershed? Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Presents information on a deal that Microsoft Corporation is making with Comcast Corporation, a cable system network, to launch Microsoft on the cable network. Comments from Comcast president Brian Robert; How does Microsoft expects to expand cable's pipelines to television households across...
- The big Microsoft push. Fredlund, Douglas // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Opinion. States that the one billion dollar alliance between Microsoft and Comcast Corporation, was a very important move in a technological match between broadcasters' digital ideal and the computer industry. What is used as an example of superior technology; Congratulations given to Bill...
- Comcast pumps $150M into Arris after vendor buys Moto. // CED;Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on a deal between Comcast Corp. and the company Arris, wherein Comcast will invest 150 million U.S. dollars to acquire its 10.6 million shares and mentions that the same shall be completed in concert with the purchase of Google's Motorola Home division by Arris.
- BILL'S BUSINESS: the tally. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
The article offers news briefs related to business including the exclusive right of KFC Corp,. to control the brand image and advertising, and the acquisition of a majority state in NBC Universal by cable television company Comcast.