Cable Does About-Face in Calif
- Redlining:. // CableFAX Daily;4/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 76, p2
Reports on the demand of various groups including the Hispanic National Bar Association for an anti-redlining language in video franchising bills in the U.S. as of April 2006. Complains regarding the proposed Congressional legislation governing video franchising.
- 'Scary' spooks 'Friends' from top Brit vid slot. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/21/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the record retail sales of video recordings in Great Britain in July 2001, according to the British Video Association. Year-on-year increase in video sales during the month; Top ten selling video titles; Reasons behind the trend.
- NEXT ON THE GROUP'S AGENDA: NEW JERSEY, AFTER THAT: CALIFORNIA. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the efforts of Consumers for Cable Choice to support a reform in franchise policy and broadband-access rules in New Jersey and California in 2005. Inability of the group to gain attention for their advocacy; Background on an existing cable-franchising policy in California; Views of...
- PICPA Proposed Bylaw Changes. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p45
Assesses the amendment of legislation regulating the filing of vacancies by the Election Process Task Force. Approval of the amendment by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants Council; Composition of the Nominations Committee; Procedures of electronic and mail balloting and...
- MABA fights steering by introducing two new bills. Greenberg, Lisa // Automotive Body Repair News;Feb2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the anti-steering legislation filed by the Massachusetts Auto Body Association to the state legislature. Schedule for the hearings on the bills; Introduction of the legislation in the Massachusetts House of Representative; Impact of the legislation on automobile repairers.
- Bill C-5 MP amends the amendments. Petten, Cheryl // Windspeaker;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p9
Reports the support of the National Aboriginal organizations on the proposed Bill C-5, Species at Risk act in Canada. Details of the proposed legislative bills; List of National Aboriginal organizations; Amendment of the proposed bill.
- Virginia Battle Over Banks Buying CUs Gains Media Coverage. Rubenstein, Jim // Credit Union Times;2/10/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the move of the Virginia Credit Union League to oppose the banker-written bills permitting the banks to buy credit unions in the U.S.
- Protests fall on deaf ears as Bill 191 becomes law. Laskaris, Sam // Windspeaker;Oct2010, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
The article reports on the enactment of Toronto, Ontario's Far North Act, also called Bill 19, which has been criticized by the Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NA) organization.
- HAF Criticizes Communalism Prevention Bill. // India -- West;9/30/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 45, pA36
The article reports that the Hindu American Foundation (HAF) has criticized the proposed Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill of 2011 from the National Advisory Council of the Government of India.