Suddenlink In Retrans Row
- Retrans:. // CableFAX Daily;8/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 152, p1
The article reports on the finalization of the retransmission deal between Suddenlink and Sinclair. The retransmission deal allows for the continued carriage of multiple Sinclair stations in the cable systems that Suddenlink purchased from Charter. Originally, Sinclair requested a $40 million...
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.
- Charter Order Puts Moxi Into Boxes. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p83
Reports that Saint Louis, Illinois-based Charter Communications Inc. will be the first cable operator to use Moxi, multimedia digital gateway design created by sister company Digeo inc. and built by Motorola Inc. Collaboration of the company with HDTV to roll out the Moxi Media Center design;...
- Charter goes its own way in St. Louis County. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 224, p8
Presents Charter Communications' stand on the battle over open access to cable in Saint Louis, Missouri. Charter's task of rewiring Saint Louis County via cable; Charter spokesman, Davis Niswonger's disclosure that the firm is depending on the decision on the issue of Saint Louis officials and...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.