Case Comes to a Sweaty End
- Court OKs Adelphia $1.5B Credit Plan. // American Banker;8/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 163, p24
Reports the August 2002 approval, by Judge Robert E. Gerber of U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, of a $1.5 billion credit plan that will help fund Adelphia Communications Corp.'s Chapter 11 reorganization. The group of banking companies providing the Adelphia credit line led by J.P. Morgan...
- Adelphia Vows to Make Good On the Checks It Bounced. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p8
Reports that Adelphia Communications has promised to honor and repay the franchise fee checks that bounced after the bankruptcy court froze its assets in July 2002. Information on Adelphia's bankruptcy filing; Amount of checks issued by Adelphia.
- Federal judge clears way for sale of Adelphia assets. // Buffalo Law Journal;7/3/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 53, p4
Reports on the support given by Judge Robert Gerber of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its assets to Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. Value of the deal; Factor that prompted Adelphia to launch bankruptcy...
- Recent Bankruptcy Decision Reflects Changing D&O Landscape. Morris, Duane // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article reports that Judge Robert E. Gerber of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has issued a decision on November 15, 2002, which resolved various motions involving the directors and officers (D&O) insurance policies covering Adelphia Communications Corp. (ACC)...
- Reimbursement Made Easy. KLIDONAS, GEORGE; KESSLER, DENA S. // ABI Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on the reimbursement fees for unsecured creditors without having a substantial contribution. It mentions the unsecured creditors who are allowed by judge Robert E. Gerber to seek for reimbursement from Adelphia Communications without contributing to the organization of the...
- Sell Adelphia Debt or File? Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the notice sent by Adelphia Communications Corp. to its creditors regarding its bankruptcy filing. Unpaid license fees owed by Adelphia; Credit owned by Adelphia from Home Box Office; Cable networks that sold their debt to factoring companies.
- Adelphia reorg scheme runs into creditor hitch. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/26/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 44, p1
Reports that Adelphia Communications has filed a preliminary revamp plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York City. Announcement of $8.8 billion exit loan from four banks; Contesting of terms by equity holders; Value of Adelphia on a sale.
- Adelphia. // CableFAX Daily;2/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p2
Reports that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has extended the deadline for submission of ballots to accept or reject Adelphia's fourth amended joint plan of reorganization to emerge from bankruptcy until March 6, 2006.
- Adelphia recision suit halted for criminal cases. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;11/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the delay caused in the resolution of a coverage dispute due to criminal charges against previous top officers of New York-based company Adelphia Communications Corp. Halt imposed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert E. Gerber on a recision lawsuit filed by insurers; Permission given...