Motivation, Governance, and the Viability of Hybrid Forms in Open Source Software Development
Tags: EMPLOYEE motivation -- Psychological aspects; OPEN source software -- Evaluation; NONTRADITIONAL occupations; COMPUTER software developers; MOTIVATION (Psychology); INCENTIVES in industry -- Management; COMPUTER programmers; INDEPENDENT software vendor; OCCUPATIONAL roles; PARTICIPATION; COMPUTER software development; HOBBIES
- An Expert's Guide to Open Source Software Security. RACHWALD, ROB // SDA Asia Magazine;2009, Vol. 29, p12
The article presents a guide to making open source software secure, from security expert John Viega. He says open source software has many benefits but companies run the risk of virus infection, software exploits and other problems that could adversely impact their businesses, users and...
- Lansa boosts Web tool. Taft, Darryl K. // eWeek;3/21/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p32
This article presents information on Lansa Inc. which has upgraded its cross-platform application development and integration suite to provide application modernization, integration and extension capabilities for development teams and ISVs working on multiple platforms. The Downers Grove,...
- RE:TOOLING. Musico, Christopher // Searcher;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p47
The article focuses on the need by sales professionals for personalized, targeted information as a tool for selling. According to the author, there is a need for sales representatives to have access to correct information during critical moments. BizSphere, iCentera, Kadient, and Savo Group...
- EMC Velocity2 Technology and ISV Program. // International Journal of Micrographics & Optical Technology;2006, Vol. 24, p9
The article offers information on the EMC Velocity2 Technology and ISV Program. It is designed to enable technology companies to build solutions integrated with platforms from EMC Corp. and to develop applications compatible with EMC technologies. Technical support, access to training,...
- India's Top Software Projects 2012. Chopra, Anil // PC Quest;Mar2012, p42
The article focuses on the initiation of the journal's "India's Top Software Projects 2012," whose goal is to recognize accomplishments made by developers and independent software vendors (ISVs) communities in the country. It clarifies that winners of the aforementioned initiative are chosen...
- Good practices succeed; heroics are for key projects. Strehlo, Kevin // InfoWorld;8/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p70
Comments on the right software development processes where routines are predictable, well-understood and so easy that even an ordinary programmer could do it. Profile of an average programmer; Management of software development.
- Developers mustn't forget real world. Coffee, Peter // PC Week;7/01/96, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p18
Focuses on the importance of extracurricular knowledge on a software developer with a career path. Programming; Data structures; Logic; Calculus; Physics; Statistics; Logic.
- Star Search. Parkinson, John // CIO Insight;Apr2003, Issue 25, p33
Discusses the important role of power programmers in corporate information technology software development. Significance of developer productivity and development process effectiveness; Relevance of utilizing real capabilities of power programmers; Importance of upgrading management and...
- The Changing Nature of Development Cycles for Portable Devices. Holmberg, Anders // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2011, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p23
The author suggests tips for software developers to make a power profile of their applications to monitor the progress and effectiveness of their design.