People In The News
- The Show Goes On, Spectacularly. Priest, Cherie // Publishers Weekly;4/7/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 14, p36
The article reports on the strong performance of Baen Books in spite of the death of publisher Jim Baen due to stroke in June 2006. Fortunately for devoted athors and readers, from the very beginning Baen Books has been driven by a focused vision of genre production and development. The...
- Ingram Ready To Roll. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the clients signed by Ingram Publisher Services (IPS) in the U.S. Information on the clients of IPS; Move of the company to set up a sales force.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 47, p3
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. publishing industry. As part of a reorganization of Scholastic's trade group, Andrea Davis Pinkney, former publisher of the Houghton Mifflin children's division, has been named vice-president, publisher of hardcover and early childhood. With...
- Lemniscaat Goes Solo, Offers Dutch Treat. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/4/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 39, p16
The article reports that Lemniscaat will shift from being an imprint to distributor with Ingram Publishers Services on January 1, 2011. According to the author, such move will allow Lemniscaat to have great control over its publications in the U.S. Ellen Myrick, sales and marketing manager of...
- BOOK PRINTING. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Feb2012, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that Ingram Publisher Services Inc. has signed an agreement with non-profit organization ArtsMemphis, publisher Cooking Lab, and Tharpa Publications.
- Mining Military Might. Guran, Paula // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p31
Highlights views of Baen Books' founder James Baen on the trend in science fiction publishing. Views on militaristic voice of author David Weber; Authors with string militaristic voice.
- DIGITAL PUBLISHING. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;7/5/2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the opening of Ingram Content Group Inc.'s fifth globally networked POD facility called Lightning Source Australia and the announcement of Ingram Publisher Services Inc. regarding its distribution agreements with Beautiful/Decay, Dreamscape Media LLC, and Where to Bike LLC.
- Baen Books. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;1/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 3, p317
Presents a list of mass market paperbacks from Baen Books. `Farnham's Freehold,' by Robert A. Heinlein; `Bardic Choices: A Cast of Corbies,' by Mercedes Lackey and Josepha Sherman; `Fleet Action: Wing Commander III,' by William R. Forstchen; More.
- Baen Books. Sanborn, Margaret; Simson, Maria // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 32, p396
Lists paperbacks from Baen Books. `Bolos: Honor of the Regiment,' created by Keith Laumer; `The Spirit Ring,' by Lois McMaster Bujold; `The General: The Steel,' by David Drake and S.M. Sterling; More.