World Almanac Expanding Kids Line; Aims at Wikipedia
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Children's Lists. // Book Publishing Report;1/24/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p5
Presents a chart depicting the 2004 Children's Chapter/Paperback/Picture Bestsellers by publisher in the U.S.
- GOOD LUCK CHARLIE. Kashner, Zoë // Scholastic Action;2/14/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
The article presents the script of the play "Good Luck Charlie," adapted by ZoÃ« Kashner, along with a quiz about the play.
- HarperCollins Again Leads Children's Book Bestsellers. // Book Publishing Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p7
Assesses the 2004 children's book industry in the U.S. Success of HarperCollins to stay atop other publishers in children's market; Description of books included in the New York Times bestsellers list; Publication of the three big hit books from Scholastic Inc.
- Warm fuzzies: A good book plus a temptingly tactile experience. Peterson, Karyn M. // Playthings;Jul2006, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p13
The article introduces several books for children. The books include "The Tale of Peter Rabbit," "Duck," "Let's Play Elmo Says," "Monday the Bullfrog," and "Pooch's New Raincoat." Publishers are always striving for new and novel ways to market these books to kids and parents alike. Furthermore,...
- Publishers Boosting Presence In Children's Series Category. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p1
This article reports that children's book publishers will put out more children's series books in 2005 and will be doing more to promote and distribute the titles given their success, a BPR roundup of market leaders shows. The growth of children's series books has prompted the journal "New York...
- the Buzz from Bologna. FLINN, SUE CARTER // Quill & Quire;Jun2014, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p25
The article offers information on the Bologna Children's Book Fair, which is an industry event held every March to host 1,200 exhibitors from 75 countries. It is noted that the event provide back-to-back meetings for Canadian publishing houses and agencies. Topics discussed include highlights of...
- Tough Love. McBride, Diantha // School Library Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses steps that the author feels book publishers can take in order to improve the quality of children's books. Several different suggestions are presented including to improve the editing of children's books, to write more books geared towards boys and not to write any...
- National Geographic Refocuses Its Publishing Plan. Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p23
Provides information on the decision of National Geographic Children's Books to shift its publishing focus from trade to the library market. Factor that influenced the decision of the firm; Aim of the group in shifting to the library market; Topics of the book series that the group will launch...
- WORD WORLD. // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 9, p21
Presents information on Word World, a series of interactive children's books and magnetic toys published by Running Press Co. Target audience; List of book titles released under the Word World logo; Concept of books published under the logo.