Guideposts Extends Brand into Trade Publishing Arena
- Guideposts Completes Purchase Of Ideals Publications. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p10
Reports that Ideals Publications Inc. become the division of Guideposts. Comments from Dave Teitler of Guideposts about Ideals; Publications of Ideals; Director of the operation.
- Guideposts Buys Kids' Publisher. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the acquisition of Williamson Publishing of Charlotte, Vermont by Guideposts. Plan of Guideposts to merge Williamson Publishing with its Ideals Publications subsidiary based in Nashville, Tennessee; Overview of the publication of Williamson; Expectations of Marty Flanagan, director...
- Guideposts Taps the Trade Market. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;1/2/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p11
The article announces the plans of Guideposts, an inspirational resource organization, to launch a new imprint in September 2006. Marilyn Moore, Guideposts publisher and editor-in-chief, offered a statement regarding its plans. The range of books that Guideposts Books will publish is discussed....
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p8
Presents news briefs about personalities in the book publishing sector in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Selection of Courtney Muller as the executive director of New York Is Book Country; Selection of Marilyn Moore as editor-in-chief of Guideposts Books and Inspirational Media.
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...
- Textbook Publishing in Kenya Under a New Policy on School Textbook Procurement. Rotich, Daniel Chebutuk // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p60
This article will address the implications for textbook publishing in Kenya under a new policy on textbook procurement. The new policy was launched in September 1998. The main aim of the policy was to transform a largely government run publishing system by liberalising the textbook market...
- Caribbean Book Publishers Organize. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p17
Reports on the creation of Caribbean Publishers Network (CAPNET) by book publishers of the greater Caribbean region. What inspired CAPNET; Expectation of appointed CAPNET President Ian Randle; Parties interested in funding CAPNET.