Annick Press Shifts from Picture Books to Y/A Market
- REAWAYAT, A NEW YOUNG ADULT IMPRINT. SAID, TAMER // Publishers Weekly;10/26/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 43, Special Section p20
The article discusses the growth of young adult books in the Arab countries.
- THE BOOMING BUSINESS OF BOARD BOOKS. GOWRIE, KATIE // Quill & Quire;Oct2012, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the trend in the publishing industry in Canada wherein publishers are investing in board books for young readers. These publishers include Simply Read Books, Indigo, and Annick Press. It states that Indigo public relations manager Lisa Huie believes that board books...
- Editing Books to Boast About. O'Sullivan, Kate // Horn Book Magazine;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p525
The article considers what makes books boast-worthy. As an editor of children's books, the author looks for manuscripts that create evoke a meaningful intersection of "place, personality and events." Young adult books must have a point of view that rings true for readers while picture books...
- Goodbye Hockey Sweater, hello Casey at the Bat. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Oct2000, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p24
Reports the innovations of the children's books published by Annick Press in Toronto, Ontario. Perspectives shared by Colleen MacMillan, associated producer of the company; Resolution to the declining domestic sales of the books; Specifications of their books published.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Jan2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p11
This article presents news clippings related to publishing industry. Libbie Lightstone has joined as marketing manager of Annick Press. Liza Hageraats will be responsible for both the book and gift market in Atlantic Canada, and will no longer represent Manda in Quebec and Eastern Ontario. Lisa...
- Who, what, where. // Quill & Quire;Jun2006, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p40
A list of exhibitors including publishers, distributors and governemnt agencies who have participated in the trade show BookExpo Canada is presented. The publishers include Altitude Publishing Canada, Annick Press, Augsburg Fortress Publishers Canada, Barefoot Books and Canadian Government...
- Coming of Age. Aronson, Marc // Publishers Weekly;2/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p82
Focuses on the young adult (YA) publishing sector in the United States as of February 11, 2002. Age group which YA is associated with; Role of YA literature related to adult judgment on behalf of teenagers and the teenagers' own book preferences; Introduction of the YA paperback; Popular books...
- Carte Blanche. Cart, Michael // Booklist;11/15/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p628
Discusses the importance of first novels to young-adult literature. Contribution to the form of literature; Arrival of promising writers; Qualities of the first novel books.
- Writing Children's Books for Today's Readers. Giblin, James Cross // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Apr2000, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the trends in the publishing of children's books. Social implication of the Internet to the acquisition of information; Types of picture books that are in demand; Opinion on the target population of young adult books.