School Funding Law Weighed
- Alachua, Fla., Upgraded to A1 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;7/20/2015, p14
The article reports on the upgrade of the rating of ratings agency Moody's Investors for the non-ad valorem debt outstanding of the city of Alachua, Florida from A3 to A1.
- Water-Sewer Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Palm Beach County, Florida's water and sewer revenue debt.
- City OKs tax rate. Hanningan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);9/28/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 39, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff City Council's proposed 35-cent per $100 ad valorem tax rate for 2008, which is aimed to fund a $1.183 million budget, has been protested by 19 area residents due to a displeasure with a 49% increase.
- PROPERTY TAXATION OF REGULATED INDUSTRIES. Amdur, James A. // Tax Lawyer;Winter87, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p339
Examines the principles and practices in the ad valorem taxation of regulated industry property in the United States. Summary and nature of the regulatory process; Evaluation of property tax statutes; Assessment of several market approaches.
- Cedar Park, Texas, Assumed Debt Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34047, p1
The article reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service has affirmed the Aa2 rating on Cedar Park, Texas's general obligation limited tax debt and has also upgraded the general obligation bonds assumed by Cedar Park to Aa2 from A3 through the annexation of Williamson-Travis Counties...
- Sarasota County, Fla., Parkland Bonds 2005, 2008 Upgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2015, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has upgraded to A3 from Baa1 the rating on $71.3 million of Sarasota County, Fla.'s limited ad valorem tax bonds (environmentally sensitive lands and parkland program), Series 2008 and 2005; the outlook is positive.
- California Bringing $4B. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/20/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the municipal bond issue to be marketed by the state of California in March 2009. According to Fitch Ratings and Moody's Investors Service, the issuance of municipal bonds, totaling $4 billion, is the largest since 2007, with across-the-board single A-ratings despite the...
- Moody's Upgrades New York. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade New York's general obligation bonds and the state's appropriation debt. Rating given to the state's dedicated tax fund bonds; Positive outlook assigned by Moody's to the three categories of state debt.
- What Are General Obligation Bonds? Reactions to "Diversity and Default Risks of Municipal Bonds" by Robert Doty. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;
The article discusses a paper by Robert Doty about general obligation bonds. It mentions books published in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s that provide relevant discussion of general obligation bond security. Also discussed is the January 2012 Special Comment by Moody's Investors Service on "Key...