School Funding Law Weighed
- Alachua, Fla., Upgraded to A1 by Moody's. // Bondbuyer.com;7/20/2015, p14
The article reports on the upgrade of the rating of ratings agency Moody's Investors for the non-ad valorem debt outstanding of the city of Alachua, Florida from A3 to A1.
- Water-Sewer Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Palm Beach County, Florida's water and sewer revenue debt.
- City OKs tax rate. Hanningan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);9/28/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 39, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff City Council's proposed 35-cent per $100 ad valorem tax rate for 2008, which is aimed to fund a $1.183 million budget, has been protested by 19 area residents due to a displeasure with a 49% increase.
- PROPERTY TAXATION OF REGULATED INDUSTRIES. Amdur, James A. // Tax Lawyer;Winter87, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p339
Examines the principles and practices in the ad valorem taxation of regulated industry property in the United States. Summary and nature of the regulatory process; Evaluation of property tax statutes; Assessment of several market approaches.
- Cedar Park, Texas, Assumed Debt Upgraded to Aa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34047, p1
The article reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service has affirmed the Aa2 rating on Cedar Park, Texas's general obligation limited tax debt and has also upgraded the general obligation bonds assumed by Cedar Park to Aa2 from A3 through the annexation of Williamson-Travis Counties...
- Sarasota County, Fla., Parkland Bonds 2005, 2008 Upgraded to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has upgraded to A3 from Baa1 the rating on $71.3 million of Sarasota County, Fla.'s limited ad valorem tax bonds (environmentally sensitive lands and parkland program), Series 2008 and 2005; the outlook is positive.
- After Nine Months of Nail Biting, Moody's Affirms Virginia's Aaa. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p64
Reports on the affirmation of the positive rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the general obligation bonds of Virginia. Triple A rating of the state's general obligation bonds; Implications of the positive ratings on the state's finance; Rationale behind the decision to affirm the...
- Munis Steady to Weaker as More Volume Hits. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;6/23/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34533, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were steady to weaker at mid-session, according to traders, as a second wave of new issuance swept over the market on Wednesday.
- California Bringing $4B. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/20/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the municipal bond issue to be marketed by the state of California in March 2009. According to Fitch Ratings and Moody's Investors Service, the issuance of municipal bonds, totaling $4 billion, is the largest since 2007, with across-the-board single A-ratings despite the...