Despite Signs of Hope, Mexican Muni Market Remains Sluggish
- LOUISIANA: A Panoply of Bond Bills. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/29/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33051, p9
The article reports on the outstanding bond bills filed by lawmakers in Mississippi. These bond bills, which surfaced in prior legislative sessions, cited to authorize debt to build a stadium at Jackson State University, authorized debt for museums, state facilities, and loans for...
- Zone bond program's popularity on the rise thanks to changes. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p1
Focuses on the empowerment zone bond program in the United States which aims to finance economic development projects in depressed areas with tax-exempt bonds. Business restrictions on borrowers who benefit from the financing; Benefits on empowerment zone communities; Target on the retail...
- The road block that leads back to the Treasury. Eglin, Roger // Management Today;Dec1993, p19
Persuades the British government to encourage private financing of infrastructure development projects. Risks faced by private financiers who are willing to support public projects; Criticisms on the Treasury's insistence that public projects could generally be financed more cheaply with public...
- Muscat set to invest more than $50bn in megaprojects. ROSCOE, ANDREW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/1/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 44, p19
The article reports on the plan of the government of Oman as of 2013 to invest more than 50 billion dollars over the next 15 years in major infrastructure development projects that would result in economic diversification, create jobs for young Omanis and increase local economic activity.
- Alice Larkin Steiner. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/01/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p14
Focuses on the types of public assistance available for development projects. Debate over the fairness of providing development incentives; Role of cities in paying the cost of public infrastructure; Reliance of redevelopment projects on land acquisition.
- Speakers: Transportation Sector Saw Big Changes Over Past Year. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p4
Reports on the growth of the transportation sector of the municipal bond market in San Francisco, California. Increase in the number of foreign investors and private deals for the sector; Factors driving the demand for public transportation assets in which to invest; Total equity investments...
- New dawn for project bonds. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/25/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p6
The article presents the author's views on financing projects in the Middle East using the bond markets.
- CONNECTICUT: Water Deal on Tap. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p43
The article reports on the sale of $25 million of revenue bonds by the Connecticut Development Authority on behalf of Aquarion Water Co. of Connecticut. The deal is aimed at financing various capital projects and A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. will manage the deal. Bond proceeds will be spent for...
- Interregional allocation models of infrastructure investments. Anderstig, Christer; Mattsson, Lars-Goran // Annals of Regional Science;Dec89, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p287
This paper deals with the allocation of public investments to some of the prospective key elements in the regional infrastructure. Two optimization models are suggested for allocating investment resources among regions and various infrastructure elements. Applications of the models illustrate...