Eminent Veto Fight
- Republican Legislators In Iowa Challenge Governor's Rights To Line-Veto Tax Cut, W.C., Tort Bills. // Insurance Advocate;8/18/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 31, p51
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Iowa Republican Legislators against Governor Tom Vilsack's constitutional ability to line item veto non-appropriation legislation. Confusion whether House File 692 is strictly a policy bill; Assertions of Ann Marie Weber, counsel for the National Association of...
- Vilsack Vetoes Lower Cap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p33
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack vetoed a Republican-sponsored item that would have lowered the cap on general state spending of available revenues beginning in July 2005. Republicans' proposal to increase the state's reserve account; Reduction in spending on education and other essential...
- Could Take a Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has refused to rule out a tax increase to address an unexpected budget shortfall in 2004.
- Make education a national priority, says Gov. Vilsack. // American Teacher;Sep2005, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the call of Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack to make education a national priority in the U.S. at the 2005 Quality Educational Standards in Teaching conference. Improvement of educational opportunities; Changes needed in education.
- Iowa moves ahead in glass recycling. // Resource Recycling;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p48
The article reports on the passage of house file 2633, signed into law by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack, which adds waste glass to the list of items converted by recycling property and make it exempted from taxes.
- Iowa Policy Changes Would Range From Pre-K Through High School. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;5/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p20
This article presents information on the measures taken during Iowa's 2006 legislative session to boost teacher salaries, start a pilot program that bases teacher pay on student achievement and others. Governor Tom Vilsack, a Democrat is expected to sign the measures, which include goals he had...
- Iowa's Gov. Vilsack Calls for New Borrowing, Taxes in His $4.4B 'People's Budget' Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p6
Focuses on the proposed fiscal 2005 budget by Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack. Worth of the proposed budget; Allocation of the budget; Expansion on the state's sales tax.
- Teacher Cuts Vetoed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p31
No abstract available.
- Tom Vilsack. Pearson, John // Our States: Iowa;2016, p1
This article focuses on Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack, who was elected in 1998 to become the first Democratic governor of the state in 30 years. The biographical information details Vilsack's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. Vilsack's election was...