Blagojevich Plays Defense
- Blagojevich 'Unfit' to Govern: AG. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33023, p1
The article reports on the appeal of Illinois attorney general Lisa Madigan to the state's Supreme Court to either temporarily remove Governor Rod Blagojevich from office or cancel his nomination to fill the vacant senate seat. The move came after Blagojevich was arrested for using the state's...
- Top Blagojevich aides head for exit. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p3
The article presents information on certain personnel changes planned by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich in his administration. Former reporter for Tribune Co.'s CLTV regional broadcasting outlet, Robert Arya, takes over as Blagojevich's top media and message adviser. Deputy Governor Bradley...
- Five Seats, Five Controversies. Schneider, William // National Journal;2/14/2009, p25
The article reports on several controversial appointments made by the governors of five U.S. states. to fill Senate seats. They include Rod Blagojevich of Illinois, who successfully appointed Roland Burris before he was removed from office. Another is Bill Ritter of Colorado, who chose Denver...
- Off to slow start, governor must get Illinois moving. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;3/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the activities required to be done by Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich who won the elections in November 2002. Complaints of a slow start of handling important issues against the governor; Issues that Balgojevich needs to handle on top priority; Proposals made by the governor...
- Teachers' Evaluation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p31
Reports on Governor Rod Blagojevich's proposed fiscal 2004 budget in Illinois.
- Blago: A political eulogy (hopefully). Coates, Chris // St. Clair Journal;7/6/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 29, pA7
The article discusses former Illinois governor Rod Blagokevich who was found guilty of lying and corruption and of whom the author is critical of the governor's actions from hanging out a window of a sport utility vehicle to crafting a catchphrase to declare his innocence.
- Blago jury deadlocked on some counts. // Moderate Voice;8/12/2010, p3
The article reports on the trial of former Governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich which reaches a verdict of two counts and involves 11 counts of fraud.
- Illinois Fiscal Chief Filan to Lead IFA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p1
The article reports on the issue which spreads that the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) board is expected to appoint chief operating officer John Filan as its executive director in Illinois. It is stated that both Filan and the IFA refused to comment about the issue. Filan is the state's top...
- Ugly cocktail of money, politics and contracts. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/2/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p18
The article reports that an official report detailing contracting abuses at the state's main administrative agency belies Governor Rod Blagojevich's vow to end business as usual in Springfield and underscores the need for true reform of government procurement in Illinois. A $25-million contract...