North Carolina Legislators Iron Out $19 Billion Budget Deal
- Budget Proposal for FY2006 Includes $681M in Bonding. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p5
The article reports that District of Columbia Mayor Anthony Williams has proposed a $4,5 billion operating budget for the fiscal year that begins October 1, 2005, including the issuance of $681 million in debt, half of which would be general obligation debt. The $4,5 billion in the proposed...
- LES COLLECTIVITÃ‰S LOCALES ET LES PRODUITS STRUCTURÃ‰S. // Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re;sep2010, Vol. 100, p281
No abstract available.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Feb2005, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p32
Presents charts and graphs on U.S. federal finance. Federal debt from 1988 to 2005; Federal receipts by source and outlays by function in the first four months of fiscal 2005; Increase in federal current expenditures in the fourth quarter of 2004.
- Florida Lawmakers OK $71B Budget Before Wrapping Up Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p28
The article reports on the Florida Legislature's approval of the state budget, which takes effect July 1, 2006. Both the House and Senate approved the budget unanimously. The proposed budget is 13 percent higher than the current budget. The budget has set aside $1.707 billion for debt service in...
- Chicago's 2006 Budget Includes $350 Million in New Bonding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p40
Reports on the inclusion of plans to sell general obligation and revenue-backed debt in Chicago, Illinois' 2006 budget. Capital projects of the city; Need for additional borrowing for the O'Hare Modernization Program; Public and city council objections to the proposed budget.
- Board Scraps Controversial Finance Plan for Seattle Monorail Project. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p40
Reports on the rejection of the controversial finance plan for the Seattle Monorail Project by its governing board in Washington. Impact of the public criticism of the plan on the decision of the finance committee; Development of a plan that calls for the issuance of long-term debt; Approximate...
- Construction Outlays Set Record in March. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p2
Reports on the increase in public construction spending in the U.S. Estimate of total construction spending; Percentage increase in public construction for the month of March.
- House Passes Bill to Increase Federal Construction Programs. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jul2005, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the enactment of the Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development Appropriations bill by the U.S. House of Representatives. Recommendation to increase overall construction program over fiscal year 2005 levels; Percentage of the construction spending that the United States...
- Obama's Irresponsible Spending Poses Huge Risk to U.S. Economy. Lambro, Donald // Human Events;2/8/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p1
The author asserts that the proposed 2011 budget in the U.S. will result in sky-high federal spending, escalating budget deficits and mounting government debt. He believes that government spending under U.S. President Barack Obama has become a major political issue in the midterm congressional...