Milwaukee county's Test
- Texas Trans Lead With $7.8B in Light Long-Term Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p7
The article reports on the budget shortfall in Texas in the form of a 7.8 billion dollar issuance of tax and revenue anticipation notes that will prevail the short-term market. It mentions that the long term supply is anticipated to be fairly lean for the week of August 23, 2010. It notes that...
- Fitch Knocks Down Wisconsin's Ratings to AA from AA-Plus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31217, p40
Reports the downgrade of the credit rating of the state from AA to AA-plus in Wisconsin. Reliance of the budget on nonrecurring revenues; Impact of the downgrade on the economy; Role of Moody's Investors Services in downgrading the state.
- Fitch Downgrades Cranston, R.I., to BBB-Minus. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p30
Reports the downgrade of obligation rating of Cranston, Rhode Island. Reappearance of accumulated general fund deficits; Inclusion of the company in the negative watch lists; Recovery plan for 2003.
- Slump, Budget Woes Keep Upgrade at Bay. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p46
The article focuses on the initiatives made the local government in Wisconsin to win upgrade credit ratings from the credit rating agency. Economic slum and protracted budget negotiations and budget deficits are the primary caused on the credit rating postponement. It also discusses other...
- S&P Changes N.Y. Outlook to Negative, Citing Deficits. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p3
Standard & Poor's revised its outlook on New York's credit rating to negative from stable over concerns that the $92.8 billion spending plan adopted by the state Legislature will lead to budget deficits because revenues don't match future spending. The agency currently assigns a AA rating to the...
- Montgomery County, Md., Shortfall Shouldn't Hurt Its Triple-A. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32764, p7
The article reports on the impact of the projected $401 million budget shortfall for fiscal 2009 of Montgomery County, Maryland on its credit rating. Rating agency analysts said that the gap would not affect its triple-A rating and stable outlook. Meanwhile, Neil H. Greenberger, spokesman for...
- Moody's Reviewing Pittsburgh's A3 Rating for Possible Downgrade. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p33
Reports on the decision of credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to review Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's A3 general obligation rating for possible downgrade due to budget deficit in fiscal 2003. Change in debt ratings of the city by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.; Effect of...
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p4
Focuses on the downgrading of the issuer credit rating of East Chicago by Standard and Poor in Indiana. Influence of LTV Corp. and Ispat Inland Inc. on the economic condition of the city; Impact of LTV bankruptcy filings on city finances; Details on the general fund deficit of the city at the...