Tags: HIGH school students -- United States; RACIAL minorities; SLUMS; ACTIVITY programs in education; HIGHER education -- United States; COLLEGE students; AMHERST College; NIEBUHR, Reinhold, 1892-1971
- CENTURY marks. // Christian Century;9/9/2008, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p8
The article offers news briefs about education, religion, and the economy of the U.S. The Posse Foundation was founded in order to encourage urban students to finish college and has succeeded. The Serenity Prayer has been attributed to the theologian Reinhold Niebuhr but evidence has been...
- THE CHALLENGE OF HISTORY. Tinder, Glenn // New Republic;4/21/82, Vol. 186 Issue 16, p30
Focuses on one of the most celebrated figures in U.S. intellectual life, Reinhold Niebuhr. Report that Niebuhr's works are on shelves of bookstores and not many university student have even heard of him; Reference to his political work such as "The Children of Light and the Children of...
- Dialogue Across the Gap. Evoy, John J. // America;3/29/1969, Vol. 120 Issue 13, p356
The article presents the author's insight regarding generation gap. It states that generation gap was the separation between two groups known as the young college students and the persons over thirty years of age. An overview of Reinhold Niebuhr's listening love is also presented. It also notes...
- Life After High School. Rauf, Don // Careers & Colleges;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
Highlights the percentage of high school students in the U.S. who will attend college after graduation. Information on cultural diversity in campuses; Percentage of college classes that are made up by women according to a report by the U.S. Department of Education in 2005; Interest of college...
- Pastor Niebuhr. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;1/17/90, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p63
Describes the career of theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. A Sunday church bulletin from his parish; His call to Union Theological Seminary; Book `Leaves from the Notebook of a Tamed Cynic.'
- Life after strokes. // Christian Century;12/19/84 - 12/26/84, Vol. 101 Issue 36, p1195
Reinhold Niebuhr: a view of life after several strokes. Going from a too-hectic busy schedule to being lame on his left side, deeply affected Niebuhr's views on life. This article discusses those changes and his adapting.
- Different views of Reinhold Niebuhr. // Christian Century;1/22/86, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p66
Two prominent representatives of divergent schools of thought evaluate Niebuhr's importance as a theologian.
- Niebuhr at 100: Realism for new realities. Lovin, R.W. // Christian Century;6/17/92, Vol. 109 Issue 20, p604
Comments how the teaching of Christian realist Reinhold Niebuhr on the 100th anniversary of his birth on June 21, 1992 should be utilized today to address the problem we have in getting back to those human realities that are not reducible to self-interest and power. World today without many of...
- Prudence, humility and the Niebuhrian ethic. Wall, J.M. // Christian Century;10/14/87, Vol. 104 Issue 28, p875
Discusses the enduring relevance of the teachings of Reinhold Niebuhr, the pre-eminent American theologian who offered insights into the religion-and-politics nexus. Views on moralists; U.S. foreign relations with Nicaragua.