Gout Medication Treatment Patterns and Adherence to Standards of Care From a Managed Care Perspective
- Infliximab upward dose adjustment increases treatment costs. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/27/2005, Issue 485, p6
Discusses research being done on the economic impact of the infliximab dose adjustment in managed care patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Reference to a study by D. A. Ollendorf and colleagues, published in the June 2005 issue of the "Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy"; Frequency of upward...
- Here are three steps to use when setting up a DM program. Lewis, Al // Managed Healthcare;Apr99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p35
Discusses the advantages of incorporating a disease management (DM) program into a health plan. Selection of the disease based on average prevalences and costs; Commitment by the health plan to reimburse the vendor for all documented out-of-pocket expenses involved in implementation; Legal...
- Drug and Formulary Trends. // Formulary;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p627
Presents updates on drug use in the U.S., as of December 2002. Effectiveness of care in managed care plans; Drug spending on major therapeutic areas; Patients' concerns on medication-related issues.
- Evaluating Residential Treatment Programs. // Eating Disorders Review;May/Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the evaluation on residential treatment programs for persons with eating disorders. Twenty-two program directors across the U. S. were evaluated on current residential treatment centers. One third of all programs evaluating treatment effectiveness were discovered to rely...
- The Influence of Managed Care on Athletic Rehabilitation and the Use of Electrotherapy. Starkey, Chad // Athletic Therapy Today;Nov98, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the influence of managed care on athletic rehabilitation. Discussion on teaching patients the importance of self-treatment; Consideration of therapeutic modalities as stand-alone treatment; Concepts of quality care and information management.
- Three-tier benefit trims payer costs without short-term effects on utilization, clinical outcomes. // Formulary;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p522
Explores the advantages of three-tier drug benefits in Tampa, Florida. Implication for payers drug expenditures; Factors contributed to smaller rise in payer drug costs; Absence of consequences for medication continuation; Recommendations on making a therapeutic equivalent to three-tier drugs.
- Prime Therapeutics Launches Website To Help People Understand How To Shop On Health Insurance Exchanges For A Health Plan That Also Meets Their Pharmacy Needs. // Insurance Broadcasting;6/28/2013, p1
The article reviews the web site which will help people to shop a suitable health plan, located at www.PrimeHelps.com from the pharmaceutical company Prime Therapeutics LLC.
- Gout treatment and comorbidities: a retrospective cohort study in a large US managed care population. Primatesta, Paola; Plana, Estel; Rothenbacher, Dietrich // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p103
Background: Gout prevalence increased in recent years to become one of the most common causes of inflammatory arthritis in most industrialised countries. Comorbidities may affect the disease severity and treatment patterns. We describe the main characteristics of gout patients, gout-related...
- Second Opinion: What's Wrong With Canada's Health Care System And How To Fix It. Crnec, Madeleine F. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Mar1990, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.