People in the News
- The new faces of fall. Elash, Anita // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on the HarperCollins' campaign to promote its new novels for fall 1997 written by four authors. Comparison of the campaign with Knopf Canada's New Face of Fiction campaign; Benefits from marketing the novels together; Stages of the campaign.
- Murdoch Sees Another Record Year for HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;10/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 43, p13
Provides updates on publishing company HarperCollins (HC) as of October 2001. Prediction of News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch on the earnings of HC in 2001; Promotions of HC executives Tracy Menzies and Rockelle Henderson.
- Morrison Moves Up at HC. // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the promotion of Michael Morrison to the post of publisher of HarperCollins' Morrow/Avon division. Other responsibilities given to Morrison; Career background of Morrison.
- Wienberg, Jones Promoted at HC. // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p10
Highlights the promotion of executives Susan Weinberg and Robert Jones at the HarperCollins company. Position of Weinberg and Jones in the company; Responsibilities of Weinberg and Jones in the company.
- Will The Weather Makers be a rainmakers? Gillespie, Bruce // Quill & Quire;Mar2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p27
The article presents information related to promotion of the book "The Weather Makers." HarperCollins Canada Ltd. is planning for the Canadian edition of the book. This book portrays the history and impact of climate change. A video trailer is the first step in an unusual marketing push that...
- The words are the thing. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Oct2006, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p8
The article focuses on book trailers as one of the promotional techniques in book selling. HarperCollins Canada Ltd. has produced at least a dozen of book trailers since last February. The author believes that book trailers deprive the public of imagination. He says that when people get...
- Harper's Reality-based Promo. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;8/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p202
Focuses on the promotion strategy of HarperCollins for John Sedgwick's novel `The Dark House.' Information on the book's protagonist; Details on `The Stalker's Diary' series on the Web site Barnesandnoble.com; Pieces of advice by Sedgwick to would-be stalkers.
- North Goes to HC Canada. // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p14
Reports on the promotion of Christopher North as chief operating officer of HarperCollins Canada as of July 2003. Career background of North; Responsibilities as chief operating officer.
- Allessi Moves Up at HC. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p120
Reports that Ana Maria Allessi was promoted to associate publisher at HarperCollins. Predecessor of Allessi; Executive to whom Allessi will report; Details on the personnel changes.