Bestselling Cookbook Series Puts Good Books in Elite Company
- Looks Good on Paper. Lipschutz, Kari // Time International (Asia Edition);6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 22, p51
The article features Books Actually, a bookshop, publishing house and stationery company located in Singapore.
- City Lights Shining Bright. High, John // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 32, p207
Provides information on City Lights Bookstore and Publishers in San Francisco, California. Background on the bookstore; Book publications; Bookstore operations; Source of funds for the City Lights Foundation. INSET: ANNUAL BOOKS BY THE BAY DRAWS 3000.
- Quebec booksellers promised $3-$4-million from province. Soderstrom, Mary // Quill & Quire;Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the development plans of Quebec booksellers. Programs for 232 accredited bookstores; Total cost for modernization and free loans; Computerization of all Quebec bookstores.
- CHRISTIAN MEDIA. // LCF E-Newsletter;Dec2011, Issue 43, p5
The article highlights the economic difficulties faced by Christian media organizations and it also informs that Baptist Times weekly newspaper, book publishers Darton, Longman and Todd and Living Oasis chain of Christian bookshops will cease its service.
- Campus store group to seek higher discounts. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p22
Reports the coalition plans of university bookstore to approach educational publishers for discounts. Role of the Canadian Campus Retail Associates (CCRA) in offering retail services via Web sites; Features of the Web site; Interest of bookstores in becoming shareholders in CCRA programs.
- Whatever happened to the book market? Baker, John F.; Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p36
Details some of the problems faced by United States publishers in 1996. Soaring returns; Lackluster sales in many areas; Fickle marketplace; Some publishers that enjoyed a better than average year, like Hyperion; Impact of superstores; Why the book distribution system was a prime source of...
- Sell More Books to Non-Bookstore Retailers. Jud, Brian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Sep2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p176
Many book publishers focus on selling books through chain and independent bookstores, and bookstores online. Consequently, they miss an enormous opportunity to increase unit sales and profitable revenue. Retail purchasing practices are similar to those of trade buyers, making the transition to...
- Marvel Posts Gains. // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of the publishing division of Marvel in 2007. The division's revenue increased by 15.8%, to $125.7 million, attributed to strong sales in both comic shops and bookstores. Publication of the "World War Hulk" and "Dark Tower" series helped drive the...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;10/18/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 41, p6
This section presents an update on the publishing industry. Bookstores posted a 6.5 percent decrease in sales in August 2010. Borders will launch the Borders--Get Published service to allow authors to convert their blogs, web sites and other written content into an electronic book. Albert...