Bestselling Cookbook Series Puts Good Books in Elite Company
- Looks Good on Paper. Lipschutz, Kari // Time International (Asia Edition);6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 22, p51
The article features Books Actually, a bookshop, publishing house and stationery company located in Singapore.
- City Lights Shining Bright. High, John // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 32, p207
Provides information on City Lights Bookstore and Publishers in San Francisco, California. Background on the bookstore; Book publications; Bookstore operations; Source of funds for the City Lights Foundation. INSET: ANNUAL BOOKS BY THE BAY DRAWS 3000.
- Quebec booksellers promised $3-$4-million from province. Soderstrom, Mary // Quill & Quire;Dec98, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the development plans of Quebec booksellers. Programs for 232 accredited bookstores; Total cost for modernization and free loans; Computerization of all Quebec bookstores.
- CHRISTIAN MEDIA. // LCF E-Newsletter;Dec2011, Issue 43, p5
The article highlights the economic difficulties faced by Christian media organizations and it also informs that Baptist Times weekly newspaper, book publishers Darton, Longman and Todd and Living Oasis chain of Christian bookshops will cease its service.
- Campus store group to seek higher discounts. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p22
Reports the coalition plans of university bookstore to approach educational publishers for discounts. Role of the Canadian Campus Retail Associates (CCRA) in offering retail services via Web sites; Features of the Web site; Interest of bookstores in becoming shareholders in CCRA programs.
- Whatever happened to the book market? Baker, John F.; Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p36
Details some of the problems faced by United States publishers in 1996. Soaring returns; Lackluster sales in many areas; Fickle marketplace; Some publishers that enjoyed a better than average year, like Hyperion; Impact of superstores; Why the book distribution system was a prime source of...
- Sell More Books to Non-Bookstore Retailers. Jud, Brian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Sep2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p176
Many book publishers focus on selling books through chain and independent bookstores, and bookstores online. Consequently, they miss an enormous opportunity to increase unit sales and profitable revenue. Retail purchasing practices are similar to those of trade buyers, making the transition to...
- Powerpuff girls. // India Today;12/13/2010, p65
The article discusses Streelekha, a bookstore in Bangalore, Karnataka, India that specializes in women's issues. The bookstore was founded by Donna Fernandes, who felt that India's mainstream media does not offer much on women's issues beyond beauty and cooking advice. It is reportedly made in...
- Critic's Notebook: Pros and Cons of Gay Publishing Bonanza. Hall, Richard // Advocate;4/30/85, Issue 419, p16
Reports on the global publication of gay books. Confiscation of gay books by the British Customs and Excise; Expansion of Lambda Rising; Selection of gay stuff.