California's Schwarzenegger Signs $189B Spending Plan for Fiscal '07
- Business as Usual. // Orange County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p71
The article discusses the implications of the results of gubernatorial election in California for its business sector. The public employee unions retain their lock on Democrat lawmakers. The state's runaway spending and structural deficit will likely to continue. It's revenue is expected to...
- Schwarzenegger Readies May Revise. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will announce his revised budget proposal for fiscal 2007. The May revise is an annual exercise allowing the governor to update his original January budget proposal to incorporate the latest revenue figures and political...
- California's Schwarzenegger Unveils First 2007 Budget Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p36
The article reports on California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget proposal for fiscal year 2007. Schwarzenegger proposed a $125.6 billion spending plan, which includes $97.9 billion of general fund spending. Schwarzenegger further emphasized that the structural deficit for fiscal 2007...
- ADAP receives funding boost. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;5/26/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p2
Reports that California's AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is set to receive an infusion of cash under California Governor Arnold Schwarzeneger's revised 2005-2006 budget proposals. Expected increase in the program's funds; Schwarzenegger's proposed budget for ADAP for the fiscal year 2005-2006.
- Forget the alligators--drain the swamp. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/13/2004, Issue 323204, p27
Analyzes California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget plan for fiscal 2004-2005. Most important budget issue facing the governor's office; Root of the state's spending problem; Features of Schwarzenegger's budget proposal.
- Fairgrounds Deal Loses Ground; Professor Has Cautions for California. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;11/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to sell the OC Fair & Event Center to help put a small dent in the state's gaping budget deficit. Any development on this 150-acre property was opposed by the Teller family and Costa Mesa residents. They discouraged the...
- Schwarzenegger Calls Election as Democrats Tout Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p44
This article presents information related to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger who called a special statewide election for November 8, 2005, in which voters will consider three ballot measures the governor says are needed to reform the state. Those measures include the "Live Within Our...
- Budget breaks a promise to K-14 education. // American Teacher;Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p13
Discusses the education budget dispute in California. Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's temporary suspension of Proposition 98's funding requirements; Schwarzenegger's implementation of cap on school funding; Provisions under Schwarzenegger's 2005-2006 budget plan.
- Ducking Tough Choices? Weintraub, Daniel // San Diego Business Journal;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p38
Discusses the proposal of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to suspend Proposition 98, the school funding measure. Impact of the proposal on the budget of the local government; Restoration of budget cuts in health and welfare.